Due to our incredible growth, Magento, an Adobe company, is seeking a Senior Engineering Manager in our Barcelona, ES location. The team’s responsibility is to design, develop, and improve Magento’s Order Management System.
You are a talented, creative and results-oriented software leader with a proven track record of leading software engineering teams. As a highly skilled and passionate leader, technical acumen and a solid background in software development is a must - so that you’re able to challenge and grow your team members. You will have the autonomy to influence culture, facilitate technical delivery, and work with your team on strategy and execution.
Further, you will be responsible for establishing a collaborative work environment that fosters a high degree of craftsmanship and personal growth. You should be able to design, communicate, and implement reliable, scalable, and extensible software applications across a variety of software stacks. An organized data-driven approach, willingness to constantly experiment, and the desire to be involved in product decisions are a must.
What You’ll Do:
- You will build, and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Working cross-functionally throughout the organization (product, support, marketing, etc.) to deliver a best-in-class Order Management solution
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Define and implement engineering best practices and strategies, while tracking key metrics for quality and team performance that results in continuous improvement.
- Actively lead engineering teams and collaborate with product managers, technical leads, individual contributors, and other leaders in the organization
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution and support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Provide guidance on architecture and design, and define processes for launching high quality products and features
Who You Are and What You’ll Need:
- Familiar with Order Management concepts (Fulfillment, Logistics, Omni-Channel, etc.)
- Excited and curious about being involved in delivering high-quality features for Magento’s Order Management system
- You have a proven track record developing, leading, coaching, and mentoring software engineers towards delivering timely, high-quality software as a team
- Drive cross-functional initiatives in collaboration with Product, UX, Strategy, and Support to develop a high quality, focused product (and inspire your team to independently initiate this same collaboration)
- Strong experience building, managing, and scaling Agile teams with responsibility for applications hosted in a Cloud environment
- 5+ years of leadership expertise with direct reports is highly desired
- 5+ year’s professional programming experience
- Experience with developing and maintaining microservice based applications
- Strong experience working with Relational or NoSQL DBs required
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) and Cloud concepts (AWS, Azure, Docker) preferred
Adobe believes in hiring the very best. We are known for our vibrant, dynamic and rewarding workplace where personal and professional fulfillment and company success go hand in hand. We take pride in creating exceptional work experiences, encouraging innovation and being involved with our employees, customers and communities. We invite you to discover what makes Adobe such a great place to work.
Click this link to experience A Day in the Life at Adobe: http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/careeropp/fma/dayinthelife/
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status