Urban Campus designs and operates campuses that offer contemporary living, working and social spaces. Spaces that support your lifestyle, spaces that allow you to relax in complete privacy or to connect with people.
Why? To answer far-reaching societal changes. Cities are more and more attractive, people are hyperconnected yet they suffer from loneliness, they constantly are in motion and crave for flexibility, freedom and socialization.
Urban Campus welcomes all curious minds. There is no selection. No criteria. We want to offer opportunities for everyone to discover, learn, test, make... a little or a lot. We want to support people in their personal or professional projects. We plan to open 15 urban campuses in next 5 years in Europe’s main cities.
DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE
We are continuously growing! With the opening of new campuses, we are looking for a new Community Developer to join our team in Madrid. As a Community Developer, you will be our members go-to person, connector and problem solver. You will also be in charge of animating and growing the community, alongside the rest of the Community Development team.
Most of the Urban Campus team is based in Paris, so occasional visits to Paris should be expected. However, in Madrid, you will be supported by a complete and amazing team, composed by another Community Developer, two Community Development Assistants, one Operations Manager, and one Project Manager.
Among your responsibilities, you will:
- Create and improve a Community Building strategy applicable in all our campuses, with the support of the whole Community Development team
- Create & grow relationships with members, listen to their needs and help them create connections
- Plan and execute member events, such as community dinners or other community activities: logistics, budgeting and communication
- Strengthen synergies between the communities of all Campuses in Madrid
# Business Development
- Identify and contact new leads to join our spaces
- Design and develop strategies to drive new member acquisition
- Supported by the Community Development Assistants, develop and improve the selection process of our members
- Establish and meet defined sales goals, with the support of the whole Community Development team.
# Member Experience
- Define and establish good practices for onboarding and offboarding members, as well as the whole Member Experience across all our campuses
- Work with the Operations Manager to ensure we meet the standards of our desired member experience
- Alert the Operations Manager and/or maintenance team whenever there is an issue with the status of the space: repairs, improvements ...
# Communication and Social Media
- Supported by the Community Development team and the Marketing and Communication responsible people, design and execute a Communication and Social Media strategy and planning
- Supported by the Community Development Assistants, contribute to the generation of content for Social Networks and internal Newsletter
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR 🔍
Our favourite Community Developer ❤️:
- Be a very social person, able to create strong relationships and to adapt appearance and behavior according to the situation and interlocutor
- Be enthusiastic with a positive attitude and a strong team spirit
- Be proficient in Spanish and English
- Be pro-active, autonomous and bold, not afraid to tackle new challenges
- Have experience in hospitality, and organizing events
- Have a strong passion and presence on Social Media
- Love to welcome people and help them get the best of the space and the city around
- Be familiar with coworking and have a great network of growing companies in Madrid (network of companies in the food ecosystem is a plus)
- Be very professional but love to add a personal touch
- Want to be flexible and work on different tasks every day
- Don’t mind occasionally getting their hands dirty (e.g. cleaning the meeting room, tidying up the open space, etc.)
- Be smart, curious and open-minded
A FEW MORE REASONS TO WORK WITH US 🚀
- Join a leader in a fast growing industry. We redefine how people live in cities. Nothing less
- Contribute to an ambitious multicultural and multidisciplinary team operating at the edge of practical knowledge in areas as diverse as space and community management, IoT and data analytics.
- We are a startup with offices in Paris and Madrid and plan to open campuses in at least 12 other European cities.
- Work in an environment where personal contributions and symbiotic teamwork are equally valued.
About Urban Campus