Are you an engineer who’s passionate about defending online users against abuse, spam, and manipulation? Will you be proud to work on a real-time, scalable system that enables Machine Learning models to perform millions of detections? If so, you should join us. Health is Twitter’s top priority and we need your help!
Who We Are
The mission of the Health organization at Twitter is to keep our users safe from negative experiences in a highly adversarial environment. This aligns with our company's #1 priority: growing the collective health, openness, and civility of public conversation.
The Health ML Infrastructure engineering team is responsible for the platform powering Twitter’s ability to detect unhealthy content and interactions at an unprecedented scale. We work on some of the world’s most highly-scaled distributed systems, handling hundreds of millions of tweets and engagements each day. Our platform generates and provides access to a rich set of signals that feed into Machine Learning models to automatically detect harmful content and behaviors. In turn, each product surface at Twitter relies on our platform to keep their users safe.
What You’ll Do
Here are some examples of what you’ll find yourself doing daily:
- Directly contribute to the design and code of our platform
- Improve approaches to efficiently handle ever-increasing volumes of data exchanged in real time
- Lead end-to-end design and implementation of platform components
- Maintain low latency and high success rate of the platform, which directly impacts user experience
- Translate the requirements of our partner teams into concrete projects
- Continuously evaluate team’s processes to maintain a positive and efficient engineering culture
Who You Are
- You have experience working in an environment that supports Machine Learning modeling or its integration into a product.
- You have experience in working with distributed systems in a production setting.
- You are familiar with standard software engineering methodology, e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation.
- You are familiar with the best practices of system and online service design - e.g. monitoring and observability, making informed performance trade-offs, maintainability and extensibility, etc.
- You are interested in working closely with a diverse, multi-functional team: you think critically about needs and requirements of customer teams and can distill those findings into concrete projects and platform features.
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment and interact effectively with others.
- You ground your decisions with data and reasoning and can adapt to new information to make informed choices.
- You bring thoughtful perspectives, empathy, creativity, and a positive attitude to solve problems at scale.
Here’s all the legal good stuff:
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.