Stuart is Europe’s leading on-demand logistics platform which connects businesses to a fleet of geolocalised couriers. Our platform allows businesses big and small in every industry to deliver to their customers with never-seen-before speed and efficiency. In 2017 just 2 years from launch, Europe’s biggest logistics company GeoPost (Groupe La Poste) acquired Stuart so that it could join prestigious companies like DPD, Colissimo, SEUR & Chronopost and conquer urban logistics. With an exciting blend of GeoPost Group expertise and a fun, agile start up culture; Stuart has expanded to more than 30 cities across the UK, France & Spain and continued the steep growth curve it’s become accustomed to. What really makes Stuart tick though, is the 200+ people that work here every day to smash our goals. We are a free-thinking, enthusiastic bunch whether it’s sales or operations people, engineers or designers.
We are currently looking for full-time Liveops & Support Specialists in Barcelona who will make our clients and drivers all over Europe happy! The ideal candidate will possess strong communication and problem-solving skills, a logical, process-driven mindset, the ability to stay extremely organized and task manage, and a sense-of-urgency. You'll be working to facilitate an ever-growing number of active Stuart Clients and Partners. Daily duties will include proactively solving real-time issues and problems before and as they emerge.
What you will do?
- Managing and serving as the main point of contact for active/live services (Mainly live chat).
- Troubleshooting a multitude of driver and Client issues.
- Monitoring live operations, making sudden, late-notice changes to active and future jobs.
- An ownership-mentality that thrives around ensuring our business is successful: whether that's pushing extra hard to fulfill last minute customer service requests successfully or turning around a tricky customer into a lifetime Stuart advocate.
- Show empathy to clients and partners when things go wrong and solve issues efficiently
- 40hr work week (5 shifts)
- Shift work from 08:00 to 01:00 Monday to Sunday (Including Public holidays)
- Fluent FRENCH
- Experience in a customer-centric role, ideally in on-demand, live customer support
- You have a keen ability to task manage and are known for your incredible sense-of-urgency
- You have a pleasant, personable manner - you enjoy working with people and people have only great things to say about working with you as well
- You thrive in a very fast-paced environment with well-defined goals, but some ambiguity on how to get there successfully
- You are a logical thinker, who naturally looks to build efficient processes where they are lacking
- You are tech savvy and have prior experience in a fast-paced and challenging role
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented
- Salary starting at ~1300€ net/month plus the following benefits:
- 25% night hour bonus
- 11€ per shift Ticket Restaurant (Food allowance)
- 40€ per month Monthly gym allowance to use in any gym or for any sport class - a healthy mind in a healthy body!
- Private health care
- Snacks and fresh fruit
After reading all this just a few last but important words: We want you to take on a role you love and we want you to come to a place you’re proud and happy to work every day.
If this sounds like you - apply! Get in touch with us, we want to hear more about you today!
Stuart mission is to become the on-demand delivery leader in every supercity of the world through a simpler, quicker and cheaper transportation model.
From data scientists to restless couriers, designers to operation managers… Stuart strength rests upon our plurality of skills and expertise, building up our unique team. They operate from their headquarters in Barcelona, as in Paris, Brussels, London and Berlin, the first cities they'll ride through.
Co-Founded in 2015 by D. Leca (Sparrow founder acquired by Google in 2012), Stuart is now backed by great entrepreneurs such as J.D. Blanc (Allociné), J.A. Granjon (Vente-privee.com) and O. Mathiot (PriceMinister), with a total investment of €22 million.