At Tymit our mission is to reinvent the credit card to make it honest, safe, and more transparent to achieve more peace of mind when managing your finances. To prove this to our users, we have built an elegant and intuitive app linked to a credit card designed to achieve better financial well-being and control like never before.
A credit card from a tech company, not a Bank. Fintech credit makes up only a tiny fraction of overall credit. Still, it is growing rapidly, and Tymit will be at the forefront of the digital disruption in the credit card world.
Based in the UK, Spain, and Greece, our talented and growing team is committed to creating a diverse and fun work environment, putting the user at the center of every decision we make. At Tymit, we have a mantra. Customers are first because that's what drives us and our growth, and we'll continue catering to them that way.
Compensation & Perks
💰 Competitive salary, depending on experience.
🏝 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays.
🥳 Your birthday off.
🏡 Tymit is working fully remote, and all employees can remain working from home if they want, traveling to our offices when agreed with the team.
🌇 If your preference is working from our office and working onsite with other Tymiteers, we have you covered with our offices - Postpandemic.
⏰ Flexible working hours.
🤓 Additional days to attend conferences and workshops related to technology and/or events related to Tymit’s industry and sector.
💲 Budget for remote home expenses.
📚 Learning & Development is a big asset for us, and we count with a yearly budget.
🏥 Private health insurance.
About the role
The first Lead Research Strategist in our team will have the opportunity to work very closely with senior leadership in the product strategy and identify the next opportunities for Tymit from a consumer-facing perspective.
We are passionate about designing experiences that help Tymit customers to have a flexible, safe, and honest credit experience to achieve better financial health and peace of mind.
In this role, you will be owning both high-level strategy and tactical execution (switching between the two as needed) while helping shape the research culture and process from the ground up.
We are small, but we think big. 🦄🦄 Do you want to join us?
During your time at Tymit you will
- Strategy Lead strategic research initiatives to guide and organize discovery, research, and data synthesis to influence the product strategy
- Research Help to build an empathetic, user-focused company and responsible for the end-to-end lifecycle of user research. And work with the leadership team, validating innovative new product ideas through generative research.
- Collaboration/partnership Engage with multiple teams across the organization through conducting research, presenting insights, or facilitating workshops.
- Evangelism Be the bridge between the users and Tymit. Spread insights throughout the organization and explain the benefits of user research and when user research doesn't work.
- Education As the first lead researcher at the company, help the teams to learn basic user research through training and shadowing. Build a framework for user research at the company (processes and best practices).
What you will bring along
- Bachelor's degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Anthropologist, Psychology or related field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Relevant product research experience, either as. Strategist, an end-to-end, usability, or generative setting.
- Experience in a variety of product spaces and consumer settings.
- Proficiency in communicating user research findings with leadership and cross-functional team members to drive impact
- Strong understanding of the different research methods, experience with ethnographic fieldwork, generative research, and making sense of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Fluent in English
What you can expect from our hiring process
45 min. Video-call with Carla, People team. Understand your career plan and what motivates you about Tymit.
30 min. Video-call with Head of Design. Brief technical discussion to understand more about the role and your skills.
60 min. Case study presentation. At this step, please walk us through one of the projects you have completed in the past. We want to understand the value you provide to an organization, what you accomplished, and give us a step-by-step understanding of how you approached it.
30 min. Video-calls with Product Designers and Product Managers. In-depth discussions with cross-functional members to better understand your skills also will allow you to interview us and give you a sneak peek of what you could be working on, so you can decide if Tymit is the right place for you
🏁– Offer 📧
If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company in the UK, Tymit needs to take background checks, Criminal and Credit checks, our new hires to help us safeguard our users. If you have any concerns regarding this process, please discuss this with our People Team.
Tymit is made up of people from various backgrounds, and you are welcome for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work to show up every day as their authentic selves. So, bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background.
We do not make hiring or employment decisions based on race, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other difference. If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.