This role could be fully remote from one of the following countries: Germany, Spain, Ireland, Netherlands or UK.
At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe!
The Core HR (Human Resources) Domain is on a mission to empower organizations for employee self-service and remarkable employee management, integrated across domains. We are building our product around the employee lifecycle events, getting hired, getting promotions, getting married, leaving the company, and following the direct implications of these lifecycle events - for employees, managers, and HR managers.
Like all our domains we are a cross-functional group of engineers, designers, and product managers from many different nationalities and backgrounds, spread across different locations in several teams. We’ll continue to grow in 2022 and beyond. Join us and help shape Personio’s journey as part of our Core HR Domain.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be a bar raiser in a mission-based team within the Personio Engineering organization and take care of team productivity, technical alignment, and technical growth. In this role, you will act as a multiplier for your team. You know how to address each challenge - coding hands-on to prototype a solution, holding technical presentations, or conducting brainstorming sessions with engineers from other domains and teams to tackle a certain problem - You know it best!
Specific tasks of a Lead Engineer at Personio:
Increasing the performance and productivity of your team by raising ideas on how to improve team internal processes and collaboration
Mentoring engineers in your team and fostering the technical growth of your teammates with/by pair programming, knowledge sharing, and coaching
Be the technical go-to person in your team for technical and non-technical topics and stakeholders
Drive an engineering culture of quality, good development principles, and innovation from inside your team
Driving cross-department engineering initiatives
Partnering up with the Engineering Manager on the technical growth of the team
Strategic technical involvement on a team level in the OKR process, hiring strategy, and team setup
Managing incident processes and team related follow-ups to ensure high product reliability, stability, and security
Participate in technical interviews
Urge to contribute to tech branding through blogging and representing Personio at conferences & tech events
How we work:
We are transforming our PHP application into Kotlin microservices!
We are a product company so our teams are organized in a mission-based cross-functional fashion. You will work with other Backend Engineers, Frontend Engineers, a Designer, a Product Manager, and an Engineering Manager on one product vertical of our HR Management & Recruiting software.
We have a “you built it, you run it” attitude and CI/CD is our second nature - we use AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and GitLab to implement it!
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
Over 7 years of software engineering experience building and designing scalable applications using Java or Kotlin
Over 2 years of experience as a “Senior+” software engineer, with a proven track record of leading software engineering teams to tackle complex problems and coordinating implementation of features with stakeholders.
Experience working within a distributed architecture and working with microservices using Spring Boot
Experience in mentoring and coaching junior and mid-level engineers
Experience in driving engineering initiatives and improvements
Track record of working in an agile setup using continuous deployment and delivery
Experience with event-driven architectures, domain-driven design, and eventual consistency
Knowledge about resilience patterns
Experience with messaging systems, ideally Kafka
Experience with containerization and container orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes preferred) in a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
Experience building or integrating analytics products or BI tools is a plus
Strong written and spoken English (level C1 on the CEFR scale)
What motivation and mentality you should bring:
We want to build a category leader for HR software in Europe. You should bring a passion for making the lives of others (in our case: Employees and HR professionals) better.
We are experiencing rapid growth and are “building our plane while flying it”. So bring your agile mindset to the table!
Embrace feedback - no one is perfect, and neither are we. So let’s make this an opportunity to praise and learn from each other.
Proactive problem solver. You are willing to leave code and engineering practices in a better shape than when you first encountered them
Let’s grow together - share your knowledge, we will share ours!
Humour. Have fun with us, learn with us from our mistakes and bring your good vibes.
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity
- 28 days of paid vacation, plus another additional day after 2 and 4 years (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- 2 Impact Days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society – one for an individual project of your choice and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- Find your best way to work with our office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- High-impact working environment with flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes
- Generous family leave, child support, mental health support, and sabbatical opportunities with PersonioCares
- Save money with corporate discounts across brands like Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, and more
- Choose between green mobility options, including a bike lease covered by Personio
- Monthly tax-free stipend of €162 to help cover food and public transportation expenses (Cobee)
- Private health insurance (company level plan): Access to Sanitas plan at a reduced employee cost (€43 for employees, spouse, or children)
- Access multiple fitness studios and sports facilities across Spain for €30 per month with a subsidized Gympass membership
- A beautiful office in the heart of the city, complete with professional espresso machines, free drinks and snacks, and indoor and outdoor break spaces
With over 6,000 customers and a team of 1,500 in seven offices across Europe, now is the perfect time to join! We’re hiring talented, impact-driven individuals who want to be more than just another employee. Will you be one of them?
Personio is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to building an integrative culture where everyone feels welcomed and supported. We #EmbraceUniqueness and understand that our diverse, values-driven culture makes us stronger. As we continue to scale, we focus on enabling our employees to grow both personally and professionally.
We are proud to have an inclusive workplace environment that will foster your development no matter your gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, education level, or race.
In 2019, tech consultancy GP Bullhound included Personio in a list of 50 European start-ups set to achieve a billion-dollar valuation over the next two years, giving them ‘unicorn’ status.