Kapten opens a Tech Hub in Barcelona!
We have a lot of great challenges coming around the corner at Kapten - like becoming the European leader in urban mobility 😏And since we’re a bit crazy... we aim to double the size of our Tech team in the coming months!
How are we going to do that? With YOU. We are convinced that tech enthusiasts are located anywhere around the globe. By opening a Tech Hub in Barcelona, we want to create new opportunities for you and all the amazing talents out there to join us.
with a few developers, our Tech team is now composed of 90 people
organized in Tribes, Squads, and Guilds in a Spotify-like model. All of
our feature teams (composed of back, front and mobile developers, QA
engineers, product managers, SRE...) work in Scrum with 2-weeks sprints.
Find out more here: https://eng.kapten.com/
You will be fully in charge of the products and roadmap for the Supply Tribe, in charge of building the best experience for our driver-partners!
The Supply Tribe daily challenges:
- Build the best mobile apps on iOS & Android
- Make the fastest and easiest onboarding process for driver company managers
- Give them KPIs & reporting tools to operate their daily business
- Engage drivers with simple, transparent and efficient bonus systems
- Empower our multi-country operational teams to monitor the fleet
- Build a scalable and efficient real-time GPS platform to match the perfect user with the perfect driver
- Team management
- Your team will be composed of 4 Product Managers and your first mission will be to recruit them!
- You are in charge of managing the team by setting objectives according to the company OKRs
- You ensure a good communication level within the squads and you follow projects progress (deadlines and quality)
- You are also in charge of maintaining a strong collaboration between tech and product teams (and you know by experience that it’s way more than just going out and drink beers)
- Product vision
- You act as an Agile methods expert and you optimize or re-define processes if needed
- You ensure every project (from conception to deployment) are consistent with the global product vision and strategy
- Stakeholders management
- You work hand-in-hand with your business stakeholders (Direction Committee, Customer Service, Operations, Marketing, Sales..) and define project objectives and scope with them
- You have 5+ years of experience in Product Management, ideally in a similar environment (mobile applications, web, new technologies...)
- You have a first management experience
- You master project management and mockup tools
- You have a strong knowledge of Agile methods
- HR phone call with Miléna (20 minutes)
- Fit interview with Paul-Marie, Head of Product and Miléna (1 hour)
- Case study to be done at home
- Case study debrief with Paul-Marie (1 hour) + interview with Jérôme, Supply Tribe Director and Gilles, CTO (30 minutes)
- Employment offer sent by HR - we'll be like "You're the one that I want, You are the one I want" and you'll go "Ooh ooh ooh" 💃
Our work motto:
- A healthy mind in a healthy body: fruits basket, free tea and coffee, unlimited drinks, gym membership, health insurance with basic dental coverage
- A friendly and comfortable work environment: new offices in the heart of Barcelona (Plaça de Catalunya), video games, ping-pong, team-building activities, hacking days and occasional trips to our HQ in Paris
- …. that adapts to your needs: intensive Fridays, 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off
- A passive-aggressive relationship with the subway: monthly mobility allowance for free rides
Why joining our Tech Hub?
- In our Tech Hub in Barcelona, we're French, Spanish, English, iOS developers, QA Engineers, Back-end developers, Product Designers, beer drinkers, music players, video gamers, but first of all… we're Kapteners!
- If you want to create a diverse, thriving and supportive community and craft the best user experience for our drivers on iOS, Android & Web… the Barcelona Tech Hub is a perfect match
- You will also have great learning opportunities: mentoring, tech guilds, meetups hosting and knowledge sharing through Medium, major European tech conferences sponsoring and allocated budget to send you to tech events
- Discover what your future colleagues have to say about Kapten on Glassdoor
- Learn more about Kapten by visiting our LinkedIn page