Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 350,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1000 Qontoers. We also made it to the Top 3 of LinkedIn Top Startups France!
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here.
Our beliefs: Diversity brings success. We actively recruit people from a range of backgrounds, employ inclusive hiring techniques; and work with our external partners to continually increase and improve our DEI initiatives. As a result, we obtained a rating of 89/100 in 2022 for the annual Index of professional equality and are happy to say that 44% of our teams are women.
The mobile engineering team at Qonto currently has over 63 highly skilled engineers, who come from all over the world, working closely to shape the best business finance solution app.
As the iOS Team Leader, you will report directly to Guillaume our Head of Mobile and you'll be in charge of scaling and managing a part of the iOS team. You’ll work on delivering high-quality code quickly, by improving your teammates' skills and helping them solve the problems they face. On top of strong technical experience, you'll also have strong leadership skills and the ability to manage a team.
👩💻🧑💻 As a Lead iOS Engineer at Qonto, you will
• Manage a team of 4 to 7 iOS Engineers
• Foster collaboration with engineering, product, and design leads to define a vision and strategy for your team
• Drive the delivery of your team to reach business objectives
• Ensure high quality by establishing and using the best engineering good practices in your team
• Hire the best talents to build a collaborative, inclusive, and supportive team culture
• Orient and support your team through regular feedback, 1&1 sessions, pairing sessions, mentoring, and quarterly progress reviews
• Make the iOS Qonto team shine by encouraging internal and public presentations
• Support a critical service used by tens of thousands of users on a daily basis
Our app is 100% written in Swift and based on MVP and Coordinators architecture. Our CI is composed of Gitlab, Firebase (distribution, Test Lab), Bitrise, and Sonar.
• A high focus on tech quality is done :
• Using Clean Code / SOLID principles
• Investing effort on tests: 4000+ units tests, 300 UITests, Snapshot tests
• Following a component approach, using our design system.
Want to know more about the mobile team's performance indicator? Click 👉here 👈
🧠 What you could work on
As part of our Engineering department, you will work within one of our cross-functional teams, each team handling part of our product. A few examples of these teams are:
💳 Cards: the team responsible for building all the functionalities around Qonto credit cards. For example, the cards order flow, the cards settings screens, the insurance page.
✈️ Onboarding: the team guiding users through a delightful and frictionless sign-up experience.
💶 Spend Management: the team building seamless workflows for employees to make payments and for finance teams to manage expenses.
📊 Dashboard: let clients monitor their relevant financial activities.
🧮 Bookkeeping: Provide a Bookkeeping solution that saves our clients time while ensuring control over their accounting requirements (e.g. receipts, vat, accounting records)
💹 Pricing: Provide transparent price plans and information on billing and consumption
🌎 Transfers: Pay and be paid by checks, SWIFT, SEPA transfers as fast as possible by anyone at a fair price
✅ Lately the team has worked on:
• Giving access to a new Organization role, the Manager. Managers are allowed to have their own account and can manage the expenses of their team
• Admins can fine-tune access rights for their Managers and Employees
• We revamped our price plans and provided the ability to compare and switch plans from your app
• Admins have more and more options to control the usage of their team credit cards (limits per day, per amount, per merchant)
• We completely rebranded our applications
⭐️ What you can Expect
• Work in a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on quality
• Build and improve features used by 300K+ clients across Europe
• Learn and grow from other team members through coaching and mentorship
• Collaborate with other teams on tech challenges, spec reviews, brainstorming & problem-solving sessions
• Share knowledge among the whole tech and product team (internal and external conferences, weekly meetings, Tech Monthlies) and the community (articles, meetups…)
🤝 Your future Head of
Your Head of will be Guillaume who is in charge of the Mobile team.
• His Background? Coming from a Software Engineering background, Guillaume started to nurture his mobile practices +10 years ago. Over the past years, he worked in the music streaming industry and then on building a marketplace for homeowners and tradespeople for some London-based startups before joining Qonto. After 6 months as an Android developer, he seized the opportunity to build and lead the mobile team.
• What does he bring to the team? Together with the Mobile leads, Guillaume continuously improves the team’s operating system to reduce waste, reach top quality in our product and grow team members towards proficiency.
• Mastery: You have strong development experience in Swift and a good understanding of the iOS SDK.
• Leadership skills: Through your first successful management or mentoring experience, you demonstrated your ability to help people grow and work together on a successful project.
• Team player: Thanks to excellent communication skills, you already worked on a large iOS team and know what it means to scale a team, diffuse knowledge across a team, or even break silos.
• Best Practices: You embody the Clean Code principles and other management best practices.
• Make an impact: You want to build a product that is used by thousands of companies, in a fast-growing environment.
• Languages: You are fluent in English. French is a plus
If you read this far and feel like this could be a great opportunity for you, don't let the imposter syndrome prevent you from applying and hit the button "Apply", we'd really love to hear from you!