Ubisoft Barcelona, part of Ubisoft’s international network of production studios, has developed for over 20 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. The Studio is continuously looking to grow its team with highly professional, passionate and talented people.
During these years, the studio worked on the following franchises: “Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®”, “Assassin’s Creed®” , “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” or “Star Trek™: Bridge Crew” on VR…
The team is currently working on the “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” Live Game, Beyond Good & Evil 2 and an unannounced AAA title.
The Lead Game Designer will plan, detail, and supervise the work of game designers. He/she will also actively participate in the shaping and development of the game together with the directors and break down the high level intentions into game design elements.
- Follows up and evaluates the Game Design team;
- Makes sure that the team has the means to apply the content and technical direction;
- Leads, mobilizes and develops a team of Game Designers;
- Prioritizes and manages the team's day-to-day activities to ensure that there are completed on time, within budget and to production teams specifications.
- Responsible of the performance management of his/her team members: support career advancement and suggest development and interpersonal skills training and techniques sessions to team members
- Create a work environment that is motivating for team members and which fosters development and creation
- Participate in the selection of team members (recruitment)
- Assess the workload vs. production capacity, plan the work and set priorities for the game design team
- Allocate duties and follow the evolution of the team’s progress on game design deliverables
Game Design Quality
- Understand consumer needs and ensure that the elements developed by the team will contribute to player satisfaction and enjoyment
- Provides clear and structured project documents
- Ensure that gameplay intentions are understood and that team members are working on the right elements (ingredients, game system, gaming modes, behavior specifications etc.)
- Communicate the project objectives, strategies, and general information to all team members so as to give visibility to the advancement of the development of the game and the other crafts
- Actively participate and act as a regular liaison in the decision-making process with management and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure that the game design team meets expectations
- Drive and follow-up on prototyping (both digital and paper based) with other game designers and programmers
- Previous experience as a lead game designer – at least 1 AAA shipped title as Lead GD
- Or At least 4 years of experience as a Senior Game Designer, with relevant experience working on AAA titles
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Able to manage a team and plan in a highly active environment
- Highly adaptable
- Strong analytical skills
- Client focus (internal and external)
- Autonomous, problem solver
Candidates must provide some sort of portfolio/demo reel.