Voodoo is a tech company that creates mobile games and apps. With 7 billion downloads and over 150 million monthly active users, Voodoo is the #3 mobile publisher worldwide in terms of downloads after Google and Meta.
The company is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having raised over $1B and backed by Goldman Sachs, Tencent, and GBL.
Voodoo is now a team of over 750 employees worldwide, we’re looking for talented individuals from across the globe to come and entertain the world with us.
The full-remote option is accepted only if you reside in a country where we have a legal entity.
Our Gaming team is made up of hybrid-casual, casual and mid-core experts. Our 'Core' games team supports internal and external studios worldwide in creating, developing and launching new hit games, whilst our 'Live' games team focuses on delivering higher engagement on our existing and successful games. Being part of our Live games team is an opportunity to work with experts from the gaming industry on long lifetime games, played worldwide, to take on new entrepreneurial projects.
You will be part of a great small team looking to create new experiences for our audience beyond the casual market and this is where you come in. Although our studio is situated in Barcelona or Remote within a reasonable time zone, we embrace a remote options culture, working collaboratively while providing autonomy and flexibility to allow you to manage your success on the team.
The 'Live' games team is working on hybrid-casual games like:
- Define a clear, cohesive design pipeline for a Live Game
- Pitch and implement big features to the team, deconstructing them into smaller components
- Own game balancing, pace, feel
- Always back up your ideas with available data points
- Ability to deconstruct and analyze mobile games mechanics
- Get involved in all aspects of game development: UI, UX, game design, logic, performance, etc.
- Help fine-tune game balancing, pacing, and feel
- Benchmark the market to stay on top of new trends
- Understanding of models and tools to analyze gameplay and user behavior
- Proficiency in Unity a huge plus
- Familiarity with Figma or similar visual collaboration software
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a game designer on a Live Game
- Experience working on mobile games and f2p
- Creative and hacker mindset
- Good sense of gameplay experience, and special attention to details
- Communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of casual games
- Previous meaningful contribution to at least two scaled Live Games
- Deep collaboration mindset, including excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a positive mindset towards receiving, acting on, and giving feedback
- Accountability, independence, and responsibility when given ownership over your work
- An eagerness to learn new ways to perform your tasks in a more efficient way, and to improve yourself day after day