With Flash disappearing and the app-stores getting overcrowded, HTML5 is now the fastest growing game technology around. CoolGames has been front-runner in developing high-quality HTML5 games since day 1 and continues to hold its #1 position! To stay on top, we are constantly on the look-out for high talented people to join our team.
After gaining vast experience on single-player games, CoolGames has now started developing multi-player, social and Instant games for Messenger on Facebook. We are therefore now looking to add an experienced Lead Game Designer to further strengthen and lead our game design team to keep creating innovative, high-quality multi-player, social games with well-designed gameplay, level design and ultimately creating the best user experience!
Who you are…
- You have earned your stripes as a game designer in creating multi-player, social games and extending them in a live environment.
- You have worked as (senior/lead) game designer for 5+ years and have experience in leading a game design team.
- You know what makes a game fun and you have the skills to clearly explain your team why, either verbally or through excellent documentation.
- You don’t mind getting your hands dirty building levels and tweaking balance values.
- You enjoy making your team learn and improve their game design skills.
- You shine as a part of a diverse Studio team and like working side-by-side with developers, artists and testers to put together great games. You know that great ideas and creative solutions to problems can come from anywhere.
- You have an analytical mind and are always on the lookout to measure and improve player behavior. Plus, you love mobile and web games, so you know what’s trending in the market.
What you’ll be doing…
- Create games…
- Help create new game concepts
- Define game rules and mechanics
- Design levels & content
- …and improve games!
- Review analytics to gain insight on what our players like and what they don’t
- Improve game balance and performance
- Document and communicate functionality
- Document designs clearly and keep these up-to-date after iterations
- Create content through level editors
- Teach and motivate your team!
- 5+ years of experience in the casual games industry as a game designer
- Excellent insight in game system design, balancing parameters and gameplay mechanics
- Strong mathematical skills
- Experience designing games for the mobile market
- Experience in leading and motivating a game design team
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- A highly dynamic job with a competitive salary
- Company pension plan and travel cost compensation
- Optional company stock plan participation
- Health care insurance compensation
- An attractive office location in the center of Amsterdam
- An open, informal and international company culture
About Cool Games