A GameHouse Original Story...
At GameHouse, we’re leaders in story-driven mobile games for women, and we’ve put together a new team to take our storytelling in a completely new direction. Internally, we refer to this as one of our “Moon Rocket” projects, taking the company to the next level.
Based in Madrid, we’re looking for an Lead Game Artist who can guide our team of internal and external artists to create the amazing art that will make players fall in love with our characters and stories all over again.
As the Lead Game Artist you will guide the artists and art production of this exciting new project. Using a mixture of 2D and 3D art to bring our characters and stories to life in clever ways.
CV and portfolio should be submitted in English.
What You'll Be Up To
We are always pushing the envelope, trying to make our GameHouse Original Stories more fun and engaging, but also improving how we work and make great art.
- Lead our artists both internally and externally to produce great game art.
- Mentor and drive the growth of your art team.
- Have a great deal of autonomy and ownership on the Art vision.
- Own the art pipelines, making sure the workflow is efficient and serves the team's needs.
- Define an Art vision which can inspire the rest of the Art team, and the wider team, in order to drive the game's artistic vision.
- Manage the art production schedule to ensure content ships on time, and at great quality
- Produce and integrate art into the game.
- Work directly with developers, designers and writers to build a great storytelling game.
Why You're Awesome
5+ years experience working in game art roles (2+ in a Lead role)
- Expert knowledge in Adobe Photoshop and all the "usual suspects"
- An advanced understanding of composition, color, form and lighting
- You enjoy telling stories with your artwork
- You have experience adapting to different visual styles and producing work that blends in seamlessly
- You know how to balance the need for the best quality art against the realities of shipping schedules
- You have experience in Live Mobile games that need to be maintained for a significant period of time
- Good at working across disciplines (Design, Development, Production)
- Excellent English communication skills (written & spoken)
Pure bonus points for:
- UI creation knowledge.
Experience managing outsourced / remote workers
Experience with 3D art asset production
- Experience as a Tech Artist in Unity or any other engine
What Makes Us Awesome
You mean aside from making games loved by our players all around the world? (Seriously, we have some of the best fans in all of gaming) Or our beautiful offices in the center of Eindhoven, Barcelona or Madrid with colleagues who would love to take you out for drinks? If that alone doesn't convince you, how about these great benefits?
- Competitive Salary
- Travel Reimbursement
- Employee Book Buying Program
- Sports program (½ off)
- Lunch card
- Public transportation card
- Free coffee, soft drinks, snacks