A LITTLE ABOUT US
We want people to live their best lives.
We believe people grow more when in teams.
We believe great teams are built on constructive feedback. At work. At home.
And so we’ve developed a beautifully designed, UX-led platform that helps employees and employers manage goal setting, 360-degree feedback, manager check-ins, pulse surveys and personal note keeping all year round.
This has the effect of streamlining company performance reviews, as well as providing a safe, confidential portal for employees to proactively gather year-round advice from their colleagues.
We’re growing rapidly with clients across Europe and Asia Pacific and an incredibly exciting pipeline of innovation ahead of us!
We have a small but senior team of “Howmies”: Our experience spans across J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Just Eat, Deliveroo, the UN, BlockEx, Gett, Lloyds and Tesco.com just to name a few.
We’re high achievers and we’re passionate about personal development. But what really binds us together is the Howamigoing Employee Ethos - check it out here: https://howamigoing.com/employee-ethos.pdf.
In summary... through being open, honest, vulnerable and committed, we solve complex problems fast - and we have a tonne of fun doing it!
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Leading the rebuild/ migration of our current platform from PHP/ Joomla! to Node.js and REACT
- Leading the move from Azure to AWS
- Ensuring robust and stable technical systems architecture are in place
- Coaching and mentoring junior developers toward best-practice processes and minimisation of disruptive tech-debt
- Ensuring scrum projects are pushed through on Jira on time and according to specification
- Communicating with our leadership team, developers and other staff throughout the development process and managing expectations
- Commercial awareness; knowing the SaaS business model & drivers, as well as similar models and our competitors. Predicting the impact development changes may have.
- Helping drive development best practices across our business
- Recruitment and team building; participating in recruitment of future product and tech ‘Howmies’
- You need to be a great cultural fit, first and foremost. So if you haven’t read it yet, please check out the Howamigoing Employee Ethos (https://howamigoing.com/employee-ethos.pdf)
- You need to have graduated with at least a 2:1 from a top university
- You’ll need to have at least 3 years experience in Node.js
- You’ll speak English fluently
- You’ll have experience working/planning with, and delivering high value software products to a commercial business team
- You need to have 5+ years of work experience, ideally with a tech company, startup or top-tier corporate
- We pay competitive salaries to make sure we get the crème de la crème
- We allow all employees to participate in the Howamigoing Share Option Plan after their probation period
- We treat all our employees like adults: You’ll have the flexibility to work from home or from co-work spaces
- Did we mention that you’ll be working directly with and learning directly from the senior leadership team who have worked at J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Just Eat, Deliveroo, the UN, BlockEx, Gett, Lloyds and Tesco.com just to name a few.
- You’ll be encouraged to lead a lifestyle of mental and physical wellbeing
- You’ll be duly invited to and expected to revel in our next Howmie offsite: Current shortlisted venues are Ibiza, Amsterdam and Lisbon...
We’re growing fast and we move quick - so don’t delay!
When you apply, please include a brief cover email outlining:
- Why personal development is important to you
- Something funny about you
- Why Howamigoing
- Why now
We’ll start interviewing interesting candidates as soon as they apply.