You love coding, we get it. We love coding too!
But most important, we love good code. And what does this mean?
that we write clean code
that we use the latest technologies (Spring-Boot in microservices, Docker, Kotlin)
that our developers, POs and our QAs are part of the same team
that we learn from our colleagues
that we work on an agile environment
that we enjoy the product we build
Good code means a lot to us.
But we don’t just care about code. We also deeply care about the people who write it.
We know that finding a role that balances between coding and leading your own team can be challenging.
Well, at FREE NOW we have it!
As the Chapter Lead Backend (Java/Kotlin) (m/f), you will act as a coach for your team in order to help them with their weaknesses and foster their strengths. You will set their goals and motivate them to achieve them.
Collaboration is our key to success. So you will act as a facilitator between the teams and for your chapter. You organize meetups, create space for innovation and you inspire the team and the company with your ideas.
We are looking for colleagues who care about our company and are passionate about what we do to create a healthy and successful engineering culture.
You and your team will be responsible for the full engineering lifecycle: From the first idea and design, over creating the architecture and developing the features to finally shipping your application to millions of users in the whole world. We care about our services and we already have 280+ restful microservices in production with more than 37k deployments a year.
Jump into FREE NOW and show us what you can do!
About FREE NOW
FREE NOW was founded as mytaxi in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. In July 2019, mytaxi rebranded to FREE NOW as part of a global mobility brand family and set itself up as a multiservice mobility provider. With 14 million passengers and more than 100,000 drivers, FREE NOW is one of the leading ride-hailing providers in Europe. Since February 2019, the service is part of the FREE NOW group, the ride-hailing joint venture of BMW and Daimler. FREE NOW today works with more than 700 employees in 26 offices and is available in over 100 European cities. Eckart Diepenhorst is leading the operational business as CEO Europe of FREE NOW. More information is available at: www.free-now.com
What can we offer you?
- Intensive Fridays
- Gym membership
- Quarterly team-building activities (karting, bowling, laser tag, escape rooms, barbecues/calçotades…)
- Yearly off-site hacking weeks
- Hacking days and occasional trips to our HQ in Hamburg
- Weekly free buffet breakfasts in the office
- Health insurance with basic dental coverage
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off
- A monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides
- The opportunity to use the latest technologies and implement your own ideas
- Flexible learning and development opportunities through internal and external workshops, events and conferences
- Free language lessons
- ...and all the usual start-up goodies like free fruit, unlimited drinks, after-work beers and many more!
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at FREE NOW it’s true)!