myrecovery is a digital health startup transforming the way that surgery is delivered. We are building intelligent technology that allows surgeons to treat more patients, safer – whilst improving clinical outcomes, patient experience and reducing the cost of care. We launched in 2016 and we are growing rapidly, being live with leading orthopaedic surgeons and centres across the UK, Europe & US. https://myrecovery.ai
We are building something big together. As a start-up we like to roll our sleeves up, whilst at the same time nurturing your individual goals and ambitions.
We are data company, creating and managing a unique data set that mixes our own data points (generated through our mobile app) with 3rd party data sets from clinical partners and clients. This data set, and the effective operation of the data pipeline, is a critical company asset.
We are seeking a Lead Data Engineer to take ownership of our data team, development and infrastructure. This team will sit within the larger development team, including design, mobile, frontend, backend, data. Our products include a native mobile app (for patients), and a web dashboard (for clinicians).
Our data pipeline includes a Data Warehouse, and ETL pipeline (Python). It manages sensitive patient information, with the associated data security implications. You will work closely alongside our Backend team (which manages a Python web app, REST endpoints, and other Python systems such as our bespoke CMS) and Data Science team (doing groundbreaking work around ML / Computer Vision).
The Lead Data Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Ownership of the Data Warehouse (PostgreSQL), including schema design and ETLs (Airflow)
- Ownership of the data reporting function, including:
- Ensuring the efficient running of all data reporting for the business, internally and to external partners/clients
- Choice of internal reporting tool (SaaS or hosted)
- Training/supporting junior Data Analyst resources
- Scoping and implementing Machine Learning pipeline, together with the Data Scientist
- Ensuring hygienic data at all stages of the pipeline
- Working productively as part of a scrum team of 6-8 developers
The following skills/experience are required:
- Degree in computer science, maths, or equivalent commercial experience
- At least 5 years' experience of data engineering, including data warehouses and ETLs
- Strong knowledge of Python, including standard data libraries such as Numpy, Pandas
- Expert in SQL
- Leading small teams, within an agile environment
The following skills/experience are desirable:
- Experience developing with an ORM (ideally SQLAlchemy)
- Working with data scientists, especially within Machine Learning
- Familiarity using Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience using reporting tools
- Experience with Python backend frameworks (e.g. Django, Django REST Framework)
Salary: Very competitive, depending on experience.
- 25 days paid holiday
- EMI share options scheme
- Pension contributions
- Bright, modern startup office beside Hampstead Heath, London
- Developer-spec HW/SW
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CAN ONLY PURSUE AN INTERVIEW PROCESS WITH APPLICANTS ALREADY RESIDENT IN THE UK. IF YOU ARE NOT RESIDENT IN THE UK PLEASE DO NOT APPLY, AS WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
About My Recovery