Zinio brings innovation and inspiration to the world of magazine publishers and consumers by delivering the ultimate digital reading experience on any device. As a pioneer in this sector, Zinio works with every major magazine publisher in the world. We operate online newsstands and award-winning mobile-optimised iOS and Android apps in more than 30 languages, providing access to digital magazines which can be read online and offline on any platform. Zinio also develops Newsstands, Readers, Libraries, API-services and PDF-to-XML conversion for partners with major white label clients across the world making use of our products.
The company has delivered 750M digital magazine editions across more than 8,500 titles from 1,300publishers in 200 countries to over 10M customers. Headquartered in NYC, the company has offices in San Francisco, Barcelona, London and Ho Chi Minh Cit
What you will be doing:
We’re looking for a Junior Web Graphic Designer with strong CSS skills to join our team. The successful candidate will own the design of part of ZINIO’s product portfolio, in concrete the SaaS B2B client facing applications, as well as the CSS and Apple News templating of the consumer magazines.
The role as designer of CSS and ANF templates will require, additionally, ability to transform visual requirements from customers and stakeholders into technically feasible and adaptable formats that align with our content systems and client application needs. This task requires deep knowledge of CSS, and basic understanding of JSON will be considered a plus.
The Web Graphic Designer will also work with key stakeholders, including clients, management and product owners, to iteratively refine and improve designs to create the most appropriate possible product. Additionally, the Web Graphic Designer will work with the development team throughout the development cycle to provide guidance on implementation of the designs and modify designs as requirements change.
The successful candidate will be able to thrive in an Agile development environment, demonstrating ability to manage both time and scope to fit tasks into quick development iterations.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Deep experience and know-how of CSS and HTML is a must.
- Basic understanding of JSON will be considered a plus.
- Specifically have demonstrable experience working in Design for B2B and SaaS Web applications ( Knowledge of human interface guidelines ) with a strong portfolio.
- Have experience of tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Zeplin, Invision, Sketch or similar design tools.
- Copyrighting ability to generate dummy and final content
- Ideal if you have basic understanding of technology and programming so you can closely work with engineering in the design of interfaces.
- It is required that the candidate has a fluent level of English and Spanish.
Why You’ll Love Working with us:
- Highly skilled team: Knowledge sharing and learning from your colleagues is strongly encouraged and lived.
- You will be part of a multicultural team. We have a fun and friendly international work environment.
We Offer Great Benefits Including:
- Open space office in Barcelona with awesome views.
- Team Building activities.
- Free fruit and beverages.
We offer a competitive salary package and a flexible salary plan including:
- Health Insurance Program.
- Meal, Public Transportation Card & Nursery.
Please apply sending your motivation letter, updated CV as well as your portfolio if you are interested. The portfolio can either be as a file or as a link to an online portfolio.