At Zinio we have an immediate need for a Junior Data Engineer for its Data & Analytics Team to work on the development of our new Data Platform.
- You will be responsible for the development of new data flows from our diverse data sources into the new data platform, applying the necessary transformations to data so maximum value can be obtained from it.
- You will also work in the development of new services to import and export data and orchestrate the data flows and processes.
- You will be part of a global team building a new data platform for one of the hottest technology companies in the Media industry.
Required Skills & Experience:
- SQL and Python Experience
- Some exposure (practical or academical) to data architecture and design concepts
- Great working spirit and willingness to embrace new challenges
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Bachelor degree in a technical/data driven degree
- English working proficiency
Nice to have:
- Some exposure to Spark
- Experience in the AWS ecosystem
- Knowledge of AWS Athena
- Knowledge general big data concepts
- Awareness of CDC and streaming concepts and its implementation paradigms
- General knowledge of the Data and Analytics tools and ecosystem
We Offer Great Benefits Including:
- Open space office in Barcelona with awesome views.
- Team Building activities.
- Free fruit and beverages.
We offer a competitive salary package and a flexible salary plan including:
- Health Insurance Program.
- Meal, Public Transportation Card & Nursery.
If you are interested, please apply sending a cover letter and CV in English with all data relevant to the position.