Newzoo is a leading global market intelligence and analytics firm with a primary focus on games, esports, and mobile. To reach our ever-growing technical ambitions, we are looking for a Junior Back-End/Full-Stack Developer to play a key role in laying the foundation for our future products. You will work closely with other members of our engineering department to develop our server-side logic, maintain our databases, deploy and operate our systems, and ensure high front-end performance and responsiveness.
- Playing a key role in the team’s back-end infrastructure;
- Participating in all phases of the development life cycle;
- Troubleshooting and debugging applications;
- Collaborating with front-end developers to integrate web elements with server-side logic;
- Writing secure code;
- Contributing directly to the team's front-/back-end efforts with high-quality, well-tested, and scalable code;
- Following emerging technologies;
- Providing clear documentation about written code.
- You enjoy working on greenfield projects but are capable of stepping into existing legacy products;
- You understand the concept of technical debt and can develop functional designs to mitigate it;
- You understand that engineering does not happen in isolation and are aware of other stakeholders within the organization;
- You would like to work in a self-organizing team;
- You are excited to work for a leading company in a fast-moving industry;
- Minimal bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent degree;
- Knowledge of web frameworks such as Flask or Express;
- Experience with docker and a basic understanding of micro-services;
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases;
- Experience with REST APIs;
- Familiar with unit tests and test-driven development;
- Familiar with SCRUM and/or other Agile development methods.
- Experience with React;
- Experience with Google Cloud Console;
- Experience with containerized deployments (Kubernetes);
- Experience with big data ingestion.
- A full-time job with a competitive salary ;
- A view overlooking the harbor of Amsterdam;
- A job that allows you to develop your own skills and further shape you career, working directly with senior developers in the field;
- A training budget, and we encourage you to go on courses that will help you grow;
- The ability to work in a cool industry on projects and products that directly impact the biggest international companies that are shaping it;
- The opportunity to impact an ambitious company that is growing each year.
Why people love working here
Competitive salary and a good pension scheme
An annual budget for personal development
Working in the heart of three of the most vibrant cities in the world
Monthly chair massages
Monthly after-hour activities
Daily ping pong, foosball, and pinball contests (sometimes out of hand)