Status is building powerful decentralized apps on Ethereum that change the way we do things on the web. Our rapidly growing team is made up of self-motivated individuals who prosper in a fast-paced environment and value the ability to work from anywhere.
As a product, Status is an open source discovery tool for the Ethereum blockchain that makes it easy for anyone to access apps and services built on the decentralized web. Status also allows users to browse, chat, make payments and more.
Although still in its infancy, blockchain technology is developing rapidly and is poised to have a profound impact on our social, financial and legal systems.
By joining us, you’ll help to craft the way people interact with these technologies.
If you want help build out the tools that will help out the community in developing faster and more effective solutions for Ethereum this is the role for you.We will grow a team that will help with the development of tooling for the Ethereum ecosystem.
You will be part of the project that will be supporting the Embark Framework, creating a series of extensions for VSCode and help build a one-stop shop for building decentralized DApps.
- Support in all phases of development from planning to implementing and testing
- Deliver high-quality applications from designing and iterating new features into production in short sprint cycles
- Maintain and improve existing modules and services
- Implement new features including tests conforming to our quality standards
- Familiarity with at least one modern client-side framework
- Knowledge of Typescript is a plus
- Knowledge of common design patterns
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Working at Status
We're a remote team of made up of 70 people scattered around the globe. Everyone at Status works from a location of their choosing - and we all meet up twice a year to strategize and strengthen our relationships. We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure does away with strict hierarchy and fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the team's priorities.