WideOrbit is the technology platform for connecting audiences and ads, everywhere. We simplify ad transactions by focusing on innovation, customer delight, and value creation. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, Entercom Communications, Tribune Media, Raycom Media, TEGNA, and many other top media companies around the world.
WideOrbiters are truly empowered to innovate at every level, in every function. We hire high energy activators, that aren't afraid to leverage their passion and expertise. And we're agile, which means you can make a difference with your career, while learning, growing and having fun!
We’re looking for a talented Java Software Engineer to join our team in Paris. In this role, you will focus on the technology of our product WO Digital Hub working cross-functionally with several teams to design features, integrations and QA. This is an excellent opportunity to learn the ad tech industry, work on a digital solution and join a small team where you will have a high impact directly on the product and clients.
WO Digital Hub is the longest established provider of automated inventory, order and billing management software designed originally for online advertising. WO Digital Hub helps media industry leaders better monetize their inventory and increase ad revenue through increased operational efficiency and powerful technology. Our WO Digital Hub product is the most powerful software solution on the market for workflow automation, contract, and financial management.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Design and develop state-of-the-art features for WO Digital Hub
- Collaborate directly with Clients and WO Implementation teams to design system integrations to maximize the benefits of WO Digital Hub
- Partner with Product Management, QA, and Documentation teams to deliver software releases of the highest quality
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in overall software development
- 3+ years’ experience with Java and JSF
- Bilingual, fluent in both French and English is required
- Strong knowledge of Spring, Hibernate, Junit, and SQL
- Strong experience of integration with other systems using SOAP, REST and HTTP protocols (XML and/or JSON)
- Knowledge of Primefaces, Sybase or Selenium is highly desirable
- Good algorithmic skills and experience applying design patterns to both new and existing code
- Experience working with clients in design, development, testing and integration
- Willingness to thoroughly unit test and debug complex code that you, or others write
- Proven ability to take independent action and tackle problems, seek out new responsibilities, act on opportunities, generate new ideas, and practice self-development
- Proven ability to think logically and understand situations or problems by organizing or synthesizing information in a systematic way. This includes proactively anticipating and identifying problems before they emerge, looking beyond symptoms to identify root causes, and developing alternative solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to provide superb customer service
This position will be based in our Paris, France office.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a competitive salary and great work environment additional benefits and perks include:
Healthcare, pension scheme, life insurance, RTT, meal vouchers,
subsidized travel, education assistance, work/life balance, casual work
attire, complimentary snacks and coffee, plus opportunity to grow