We’re looking for a Java Developer to join our growing team in London. The role is a unique opportunity to change the way how our customers experience and interact with the speed of our transfers.
- Making sure our customers are always aware of how fast our transfers are
- Making our communication about speed clear and transparent
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success - you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to work with our teams in our offices around the world
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
A bit about you:
- You have solid knowledge of Java 8
- You have several years experience with Spring framework and database abstraction layers like Hibernate
- You have experience working with SQL databases, query optimisation and designing schemas
- You have high coding standards - understanding of test coverage best practices & test pyramid concept
- You are familiar with Continuous Delivery approach
- You have experience with Distributed and Concurrent Systems, knowing the tradeoffs between stateful/stateless and synchronous/asynchronous architectures
- You have hands on knowledge of system integration patterns - REST, messaging, Kafka, event streams
Nice to haves:
- Passion about technology and its relationship with product and user experience
- Ability to work independently - identify problems, create plans and implement solutions to them
- Broad understanding of the concept of minimum viable product (MVP)
- Customer is at the heart of everything you do and this empathy drives all decision you make
- Ability to articulate complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Knowledge/interest in payment platforms, foreign exchange & highly complex systems
- Be a customer of TransferWise
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
At TransferWise we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form, or drop us an email at email@example.com. You might need a reasonable adjustment if you’ve got a disability. Or maybe you live overseas, and you’d prefer to meet us over Skype.
Please don’t send anything to the adjustments address if you’re a recruiter, or if you’re making a speculative application. We do work with recruiters from time to time – but only through LinkedIn. And we only accept job applications when a position is actually open. So you’re better off just checking the recruitment pages regularly.