We are looking for an experienced JAVA Backend Developer (m/f) who is, like us, passionate about delivering the best product and user experience to our customers.
Ofertia is a digital company based in lively Barcelona. Our mission is to revolutionize the way people do shopping, covering the gap between the online and offline shopping worlds. We help retailers to drive more customers to their stores by publishing digital circulars on our mobile apps and web portals, where consumers can find the best offers from their favorite stores around them.
Ofertia is part of the Bonial.com Group with more than 330 employees worldwide, headquartered in Berlin and with offices in Bogotá, Barcelona, Mexico City, Paris and Santiago de Chile.
Your day at Ofertia
● Hands-on coding, systems analysis, design, and delivery of new features and software architectures
● Help to drive the technical architecture evolution with our backend team
● Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
● Work with innovative technologies and methods, as well as with cutting-edge location-based technologies
● Identifying and implement innovative solutions and ensure long-term stability and maintainability of our code base
● Work improving application performance and bug fixing
● Maintain and evolve existing services including refactoring and reduction of technical debt
● Ensure code quality and participate in code reviews
What you should bring
● You have a professional experience of at least 4+ years in Java and related frameworks, such as Spring, Hibernate, Jersey
● You are used to being part of an agile development team
● You have solid knowledge of OOP in Java
● Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, memory management, concurrency) with demonstrated ability to apply these skills to solve hard real-world problems
● Good understanding of Web technologies, protocols and architectures
● Specialization in large-scale software systems, service-oriented architectures, and REST-based API design
● Knowledge of SQL and understanding of relational database schema design
● You are able to work independently, responsibly, accurately and reliably
● Good understanding of the value of teamwork for the success of the project
● Outstanding analytical and troubleshooting skills
● Excellent communication skills, fluent in English & Spanish
● Entrepreneurial & open mindset
● Smart, energetic, driven and willing to work hard
● Team player
What makes working at Ofertia great
● Ofertia is one of the most exciting digital companies in the heart of Barcelona with a disruptive product and friendly working hours (remote working days, flexible hours)
● We support your personal and professional development with challenging projects and training programs
● Get the most out of a great environment with office parties and team building events.
● A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments through flat hierarchies and short communication channels
● Free beverages and snacks (coffee, tea, fresh fruit, etc