At Brainly, we believe that there are no great results without ambitious goals - and believe us, our goals are up there 📈.
Simply put, we want to be the best educational app in the world. To help us with this endeavour, we are currently looking for an experienced iOS Software Engineer for our Mobile Team to help us build it. This person will work as a part of an interdisciplinary team and act as the key stakeholder by planning, prioritizing, and executing to achieve product vision in all markets.
The Mobile Team at Brainly is working on some of the most complex challenges in the ed-tech space: creating communities for students around the world. We focus on building the infrastructure that enables Brainly users to ask and answer millions of questions every day. An important part of our work is to deliver and maintain the subscription model in the app, video content, Math Solver solutions, and gamification.
We are taking over the world and we are looking for strong engineers who are ready to push boundaries and help us solve large-scale problems with solutions that translate into lasting impact.
Before you make your decision on helping us in this adventure 🚀, a few significant details:
How we work:
- We believe in teamwork, self-organization, and adaptation;
- We check our hypotheses with A/B tests and let data tell a story not HiPPOs — Highest Paid Person’s Opinion;
- We are free to explore and use new technologies in our projects — Break things fast to learn even faster;
- We deliver fast and often (Continuous Delivery), be ready for a fast-paced environment!
- Designing, developing, and maintaining code for Brainly iOS platform to ensure and enhance the great learning experience for our users;
- Solving complex challenges such as performance, scalability, and security aspects of the platform;
- Collaborating with other software engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of your deliverables;
- Conducting code reviews, contributing high-quality documentation, and building robust test suites for your features.
WE WOULD LOVE TO WORK WITH YOU IF YOU HAVE:
Required experience and skills:
- 3 years experience - keep in mind that this is just a relative number - at Brainly, we value independence and ownership. If you believe you are a good fit for the role, do not let the number scare you :)
- Fluency in Swift;
- Strong understanding of the iOS SDK;
- Good understanding of common back-end system integration/web services/APIs;
- Understanding of Git;
- Ability to create a well-designed public API;
- Fluency in English (C1 in speaking and writing);
- Maturity, independence, and ownership - as a member of the team, you will have a real impact on the final product;
- Exceptional self-organisation skills;
- Eagerness to create UI.
- Strong understanding of architectural patterns;
- Experience with GraphQL;
- Focus on quality;
- High attention to detail;
- Experience with in-app purchases on iOS.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU (On top of the salary that is):
Some of our benefits (slightly varies depending on the location):
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + unlimited time off policy for participation in conferences and workshops and access to an online learning platform with courses from Udemy, Harvard Manage Mentor and many others
- Full medical insurance (including partner and children)
- Gym & wellness card (including access to gyms, sports classes)
- Access to the Mental health Helpline - providing virtual support of external psychologists, psychotherapists, and coaches
- Possibility to join one of our Employee Resource Groups and initiatives (Inclusion Council, Ladies at Brainly, Brainly Cares)
- If needed, additional budget for remote work accessories.
By sending us your application, you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. with its seats in Krakow, will process your data contained in the form below and in the documents you attach in to participate in recruitment. In connection with this, you have the right to withdraw your consents, the right to access to your data, the right to obtain their copy, rectify them, erase, limit their usage and also data portability right and object to their use by Brainly, as well as to lodge a complaint with the President of the UODO. If you have any questions regarding the use of information about you and exercising your rights related to this use, please contact our DPO - firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want get to know more about how Brainly uses and process your personal data [click here].