Our iOS and Android apps were some of the first transactional shopping apps in the world on each platform, and have won industry awards, with features such as the ability to shop offline. Our mobile development team creates our suite of mobile apps for Android and iOS that now generates over 40% of our weekly orders. As the percentage of weekly orders taken on mobile is growing significantly day by day, it is backed by major new projects within the team, completely redefining what it means to shop for groceries on a mobile phone or tablet.
We are looking for a dedicated iOS Software Engineer to join our cross-functional agile team as we continue the development of this technically challenging and ever-evolving suite of apps.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Development of the Mobile iOS applications
- Writing and maintaining automation tests suites
- Work collaboratively inside and outside the team to achieve business objectives
Skills and Experience
- Computer Science (or related subject) degree
- Good spoken and written English
- Strong programming and object-oriented design skills
- An iOS expert, with extensive knowledge of Swift and some exposure to Objective C.
- Extensive experience working on published App Store apps.
- Pragmatic, but with a keen eye for detail.
- Passion for and understanding of automated testing.
- A fanaticism for clean code!
- An understanding and some experience of Agile software development.
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment.
- A mastery of git!
- Exposure to Reactive programming paradigms.
What we can offer you
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment, where we will provide you with the best tools to develop amazing stuff. We invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in-house and external training programs available. We also really encourage people to attend conferences and be involved in the local developer community.
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ticket Restaurant
- Ticket Transport
- Ticket Kindergarten
- GymForLess membership discounts
- Fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly social events
- Table football, board games and Nintendo Switch
- Tech Talks and internal trainings
- Developer exchange programmes between centers
- English and Spanish language courses
We are right next to Sants station, a central area of Barcelona. We growing rapidly making it a very exciting time to join!