Keen to disrupt the banking industry by introducing next-generation mobile apps? Interested in building apps that matter and are used by millions of users worldwide? Know everything about developing on the iOS platform and have a good eye for user experience? If you answered yes to these questions we should meet.
Backbase delivers digital banking solutions to banks of all sizes, worldwide. Part of these solutions are our native mobile apps available for Android, iOS and Windows. Developing these apps means combining the best possible security, the greatest user experience and the latest innovations. On the other end, the apps should be future-proof, extensible and manageable. As an iOS software engineer you are not only responsible for developing this, but also for contributing at various levels in defining how this should be realised in the best possible way.
The mobile banking product team within Backbase is a multi-disciplinary Scrum team consisting of a product owner, business analyst, software engineers, QA engineers and UX designers. Backbase values a start-up mentality and are using Lean and Agile methodologies to develop products. These products are built using modern software development processes, including automated tests, static code analysis, Git workflows and automated CI/C
The ideal candidate for this challenging position as an iOS software engineer within Backbase will fit the following profile:
- In-depth experience (medior/senior level) with native iOS software development, mastering technologies and concepts like Objective-C, Swift, the iOS SDK and Xcode;
- Experience with networking including security (e.g. stateful & stateless requests, certificate pinning), caching and parsing of data (e.g. JSON and/or XML);
- Pixel perfect: having an eye for user experience and visual appearance;
- Experience with Scrum and/or Agile practices, automated testing and CI/CD workflows;
- Experience with performance tuning, reusability and maintainability of mobile applications and applying architecture design patterns;
- Excellent communication skills in English.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Backbase Recruitment by email: dominique(at)backbase.com