FilledThis offer is not available anymore
Uber has a consistent engineering culture and processes across all our engineering offices in the world. Amsterdam is one of the largest mobile engineering offices outside of our Bay Area headquarters. We are a diverse group, with talented people from over 30 countries working together.
Engineers working at Uber are highly autonomous, involved in decisions impacting the business and systems. We have a high bar for engineering quality, which starts with by a transparent planning process before we write code - any engineer can get involved here. We have dedicated teams building efficient developer tools and keep improving our iOS monorepo. We are big on constructive code reviews, accompany business logic with automated tests and have robust deployment and beta testing processes in place. We balance code and architecture quality with good execution speed, supporting the continued growth of Uber.
Mobile architecture for many of the Uber apps is based on the cross-platform RIBs architecture which we have open sourced, several mobile engineers from the Amsterdam office contributing. We write iOS code mostly in Swift. We frequently share work and learnings on iOS and mobile on our engineering blog and our regular iOS internal engineering meetings.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About The Role
As an engineer on the Amsterdam Developer Experience Group, you will build first class tooling, services, and infrastructure that are necessary to support thousands of developers at Uber. Your work will empower our engineers to deliver quality software consistently, reliably, and with frictionless workflows.
What You’ll Do
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity
- Ship tools and libraries that greatly increase developer productivity
- Drive adoption of both internal and external libraries, tools and open source technologies.
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for ease-of-use, scalability, and testability
- Work closely with iOS, Android and web engineers to design cross-platform solutions
- Have the opportunity to work on Uber’s Open Source products
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Software development experience in Swift/Objective-C (iOS)
- Experience in at least one of the following: test-driven development, optimizing software, debugging, building tools and testing frameworks, building libraries/SDKs
- 5 years of iOS Experience
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience with cross-platform solutions and SDKs
- Experience with the creation of developer tools and integrations with IDEs
- Experience with build systems and automation in continuous integration
- Experience with building/contributing to open source software
- Experience or interest in type systems (TypeScript/Flow) and general interest in programming languages
Uber company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.