We are hiring an iOS Developer, to develop and deliver the Company technology stack and platform components to enable accelerated development of our company, providing technical leadership and expertise from idea to exit. You will need to be passionate about creating clean, beautiful, well-crafted, maintainable code and have strong experience working on UI/UX and user-focussed design.
As our iOS Developer, you will help NetworkingUp break new ground, create and test new concepts to accelerate our growth. You will play a role in establishing one of the most innovative business units within the corporation.
You will be part of a collaborative team of technical and design specialists, to develop the full technology stack for NetworkingUp, its activities and range of ventures. You’ll be involved across the innovation process, from idea to MVP, developing alpha and beta products and core components of our software architecture to make our operations run fast and constantly move forward.
You’ll need flexibility, adaptability and a healthy dose of pragmatism when providing expert support and advice to our ventures while never slowing things down. You will build strong relationships with technical partners as required to accelerate the growth of our ventures. You’ll provide a supportive environment for our technical talent that prizes innovation, continual personal improvement and effective product development methodologies.
You will distill technical ideas into simple effective plans, working closely with your team of developers, designers to drive their execution within the challenges of an agile startup environment. You will evolve our thinking, and help identify and develop our capabilities across the back-end, front-end, UX, as well as machine learning and optimization techniques.
You’ll have the chance to develop and define the requirements for the core platform, ensuring NetworkingUp is a business that is synonymous with technical excellence and innovation. The choice of technology or language is continually evolving and it’s up to you to shape and keep our activities at the forefront of technology.
The importance of a strong corporate culture
Because most of our time we are at the office, that is most than important to take pleasure of it.
We want to implement and create a positive innovation culture in a collaborative environment.
Because your team is also your core product, we give to our employees all of the tools to start in the best way an honest relationship.
Our guys need to forge close working relationships with our leadership team to meet the need of the organisation. But work has also to be a place where you could realize yourself. That's why we dearly support our employees to find their places in the project.
To summarize, we create and nurture a sense of ownership and commitment amongst the engineering team.
Finally we would rather hire people who have a deep thirst of knowledge. We support and encourage self-improvement of our employees.
Skills & Requirements
Who we’re looking for
- A technical business builder, a full stack developer with proven business credentials.
- Customer understanding first, blending a technical skill across the stack and design/user thinking
- Experience defining, developing and implementing major business systems. Able to launch systems with robustness, stability, scaling, and security considered.
- A pragmatist who can identify a solution to any problem and likes to be challenged to find them
- You should feel comfortable challenging why we do what we do, and how we do it
- Rigor and candor, bring best practice, operational process to facilitate our activities
- Can-do, positive attitude, proactive approach to problem solving
- Collaborative and non-hierarchical style of working
- Fluent in English, French or Spanish is recommended
- An ability to scale in a way that won’t quash our pace or entrepreneurial spirit
- Fun, social and energized
What type of background you’re from
- Start-up iOS developer
- Corporate/Agile IT consulting
- Digital agency
- Released at least 4 to 5 apps on Apple Store
What you will be able to demonstrate
- 2+ years of relevant experience, ideally inside a start-up
- Broad understanding of the concept of minimum viable product, lean start-up and conversion rates
- Experience working in an Agile and Lean design and development
- Strong degree in Computer Science or other related technical discipline
- Proven understanding of OO programming using Objective C or Swift
- A natural ability to interface with customers, investors and at a corporate board level
- HTTP, REST, JSON, SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL…)
- Git / Git-flow
- OO Design patterns
- Optional skills and experience : Python/PHP/NodeJS - Scrum & TDD
We're a new company and a growing team based between London, Barcelona and Lille. Working on a Sports Social Platform, we're passionate, hard-working and believe in what we do. We are building an inclusive culture to be prouf of : a place where everyone can contribute, make a real difference and enjoy what they do. We need everyone involved in creating that culture.
We're looking to attract and retain the brightest people to keep us moving forward. We're commited to nurturing our talents and ensuring the Networkingup team keeps learning, developing and honing their skills in a fast moving world.
We focus on personal development that is tailored to the individual.
Participation at envents, conferences, meetups, hackatons.
Networkingup offers a unique opportunity, comibining the best qualities of the startup and corporate worlds. We're an innovative company that deeply cares to provide a competitive package, that includes competitives salary and bonus, and a passionate belief in the importance of celebrating success.