Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies (Infojobs, Leboncoin, Fotocasa, Blocket, Milanuncios, Letsdeal...) every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed... these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
Schibsted Products & Technology is a brand new technology start-up within Schibsted, with offices in Oslo, Stockholm, Barcelona and London. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you.
The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we're able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we've got a winning combination.
Schibsted Media Group is one of the most successful digital companies in the world, with a diverse collection of online media, classified marketplaces, and other apps/services distributed throughout Europe, Asia, and the Americas. Today we're looking for an Insights Data Engineer (BI) to join our amazing Data Team. You will be at the heart of an effort to utilize our unique combination of data to bring about the next generation of digital products and services. You will have a direct impact on millions of users around the world by building data products and informing product strategy.
- Working as part of the Insights team to develop and deploy highly scalable global analytics and reporting tools using world-class cloud computing platforms combining large variety of data sources.
- Help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organization (i.e. code reviews, testing, etc).
- Continuously monitor the quality of our systems, design measurements to monitor their health (both the engineering systems and data quality).
- Collaborate with Product Analyst and Data scientists to identify new features to increase user growth, market value, and monetization for our products.
- Assess the value of new data sources and help drive the collection of new data to provide the best quality data for business decisions.
- Work closely with product teams to design powerful visualizations and help translate data into actionable insights.
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science / Information Technology / Mathematics / Statistics / Engineering).
- Excellent Understanding of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing techniques.
- Experience with Big Data tools and NoSQL databases design and optimization (Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, etc.).
- Experience with cloud computing environments.
- Fluent in multiple development languages (Scala, Python,...), and interested in learning more.
- Experience in building systems that scale.
- Familiar with Agile product development methodologies (Scrum and/or XP).
- Fluent English mandatory (Spanish a plus).
- Understanding of Software Development best practices.
- Passion for Data and continuous drive to improve analytical tools to solve real business problems using data.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!