We're growing fast and are looking for an inspired and motivated sysadmin who wants to play a key role in the development of our systems and infrastructure. You’ll be responsible for the whole platform, from performance and monitoring to caching, security and everything in the middle. This role involves building, automating and managing key parts of our runtime environment. You will work in a cross-functional team and will be expected to act as an I&O knowledge resource for your team, helping others understand the architectures and platforms underlying their features.
We use AWS, Linux, Ansible, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Vagrant, Docker, PHP, Java, Jenkins and many many more and we are always looking for the best tool for the job,
We have coped till now, but understand we will only be the best company if we can attract and retain the best people, and this is a great opportunity for a dynamic individual to spearhead a new phase of growth for a fast-moving technology company.
- Ensure the operational stability, security, and efficiency of our platform and infrastructure.
- Monitor system health.
- Lead and facilitate the building and adoption of new tools and processes to streamline our deployment/rollout processes.
- Mentor teammates and serve as a DevOps knowledge resource.
- Automate, automate, automate and automate.
Required skills & experience:
- 2+ years of prior system administration experience with 24x7 SaaS products
- The ability to understand SaaS architectures and operations
- Solid knowledge of Linux; architecture, administration, configuration and automation.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar infrastructure as a service.
- Experience in cloud cost optimization and management.
- DB administration experience. (we use MySQL & PostgreSQL)
- Experience in building CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins or others)
- Monitoring (CloudWatch, New Relic)
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or other configuration management software.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (we use Docker and Vagrant)
- Coding experience in any language: python, PHP, Java, ruby.
- Experience with data pipelines and BI will be a plus
- Understanding, monitoring and implementing microservices architecture will be also a plus
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- The ability to work in cross-functional teams and communicate clearly to all stakeholders
- Willingness to share knowledge, teach and learn
- Open work environment with young, dynamic and outstanding international teams
- Working in a vibrant and fast paced company
- Free Breakfast every Monday
- Free English and Spanish classes
- Free beverages and snacks (coffee, tea, juices, fresh fruit)
- Working in sunny Barcelona
ABA English Culture:
Here at ABA English we don’t rely on machines to produce our product, we rely on people. With that in mind we constantly strive to provide the best working environment possible to ensure the success of each member of the ABA team.
When choosing a place to work, we believe culture is one of, if not the most important differentiator. After all, it's where you'll spend the majority of your week! Our office in Barcelona is in a start-up hub for creative businesses.
When we wake up we look forward to coming in, and find our jobs challenging, stimulating and enjoyable. We take pride in working for a business that's both highly innovative and making a lasting positive impact on the world, and enjoy kicking back after a hard week's work with an inter-company hangout and beers. Every quarter we try to go out for a cultural or a team building event.
If this sounds like something you can handle and would like to be a part of, then we would love to hear from you! All applications must be in English.
About ABA English
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!