Join our team
DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the role
DataCamp's engineering team consists of multiple product teams, that consist of an embedded product manager, an engineering lead, and a group of individually contributing engineers.
To facilitate this we have a highly automated CI/CD pipeline based on CircleCI which allows developers to ship what they build, increasing deployment speed and ownership. Through good documentation and incrementally improving and adding deploying, updating, monitoring and self-healing features to the toolchain, we want to continue to enhance developer productivity, scalability, availability and security.
It will be your role as a part of the Infrastructure team to enable these product squads to deploy their applications as seamlessly as possible. You will be managing company wide shared resources which support our microservice architecture, and building upon internal services. The team has a strong direction towards providing self serve systems for deployment and infrastructure provisioning, and aim to support other teams using these services rather than being a central bottleneck in the company. You will play a key part in planning future improvements and owning your day to day work.
The ideal candidate
- Has 2+ years of administering/maintaining DevOps related tools (AWS, Docker, CI/CD, K8s)
- Has 2+ years of web development experience (go, python, node, ruby)
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interested in monitoring and self healing systems
- Is highly organised with a flexible, can-do attitude and a willingness/aptitude for learning
- Improves the team with code reviews, technical discussions and documentation
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
It's a plus if
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit
- You have experience with Infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, Cloudformation, etc)
- You have experience with API-gateways or service meshes (Kong, Istio, etc)
- You are passionate about data science and education
What's in for you
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats every 6 months
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
For this position, we are not considering remote candidates. DataCamp will provide help and budget if you relocate.
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.