Fon was founded in 2006 with the goal of blanketing the world with WiFi. Today the company is a global WiFi leader with more than 20 million crowdsourced hotspots. Fon is a technology provider for world leading telcos such as British Telecom, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Oi Brazil, SoftBank, Telstra and many more.
Fon has been innovative since its inception and has disrupted the telecommunications business with our Community WiFi product and with our WiFi for businesses solutions. The usage of WiFi keeps growing and the users demand more WiFi coverage, better service and excellent user experience. There are a lot of opportunities to innovate in such a demanding and flourishing business, bringing new technologies and business models around WiFi.
Are you an innovator and are you looking for new challenges? If so, we are looking for you!
The role and the team
We never stop innovating and we want to build the products that will change the way the users consume their telco’s services, towards a fully digitalized experience.
The candidate will join the Fontech Home WiFi Agile Team as a mobile developer. This team is highly technical and product focused and is in charge of developing the next generation of tools that the telcos will use to manage their subscribers’ home WiFi experience from a holistic point of view. This team is highly experienced in developing high standard WiFi products for telco business. We follow agile methodologies not only for the development team but also for the entire product lifecycle management.
- Working closely with Product Owner, UX designer and the rest of the development team to define the best interactions for the users of the application.
- Develop the applications that will manage the state of the art tools to interact with WiFi access points and telco BSS/OSS.
- Deliver high quality and resilience proven developments.
- Fully responsible for the architecture design of the Mobile Applications.
- Discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize efficiency.
- Relevant experience in hybrid mobile application development: 3+ years
- Experience with Cordova / IONIC framework.
- Proficiency in Angular development and writing clean and testable code in TypeScript.
- Good knowledge of HTML5/CSS.
- Strong with front-end design patterns such as MVC, MVP, and MVVM.
- Ability and used to write extensive unit tests using Jasmine and Karma.
- Experience deploying Android and iOS apps to the corresponding stores.
- Experience in defining application code structure and packaging using npm.
- Hands on experience setting up CI pipelines for hybrid mobile applications.
- Experience consuming REST APIs.
- Good knowledge of the SOLID principles.
Nice to have:
- Experience with other hybrid frameworks such as React Native or NativeScript.
- Experience developing native mobile applications (Android with Java/Kotlin, IOS with Objective-C/Swift) is a plus.
- Experience working on agile development teams involved in new product development.
- Work in a multicultural environment with global reach
- Enjoy our cool office and advantages: free coffee, cookies, rest area, billiards, fruit, etc.
- We have really flexible working hours!
- Teleworking one day a week
- Great salary compensation
- Enjoy our perks: Restaurant card, health insurance, annual bonus, and flexible compensation
- Join our incredible and talented team and be part of the innovation, become a Foner@!