Slack is looking for an inspirational, strategic leader, who has an outstanding track record in enterprise software sales, can communicate effectively across multiple departments, and enjoys building and scaling teams at pace. This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to join in the early stages of a rapidly growing technology startup!
We are now launching our sales office for France, and are looking to hire our Head of Sales, which will be based in Paris. We are looking for candidates who have the enthusiasm, talent and experience to help drive our next level of growth in the French-speaking market. This role will be a vital part of Slack’s management team and will lead the go-to-market strategy and execution for our enterprise customers in France.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Hire and build a team that wins together, has fun and lives the Slack values
- Manage and coach a team Account Executive and Large Account Executives so that each account executive can succeed
- You will understand your team's roles, processes, and paths to success and help define this within the sales organization.
- Develop and revise Slack’s sales strategy for the French market
- Prioritise where we invest our resources and efforts with customers
- Drive the team towards key performance metrics and goals
- Help define the key value propositions we pitch to customers
- Monitor and identify sales challenges for the team and customers
- Collect and summarise sales challenges from customers and account executives
- Manage the team to effectively present Slack’s value proposition in the market
- Identify customer needs and collaborate with other internal teams to ensure we are driving sales and deals
What you should have
- 10+ years of direct sales experience, preferably within a SaaS organization
- 4+ years of management experience, preferably within a SaaS organization
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Strong track record of identifying and understanding customer needs and successfully implementing long-term software solutions
- Strong track record of defining and executing against key performance indicators
- Local market expertise and a network of connections to candidates, customers, partners and key stakeholders within the local market
- Ability to build trust and rapport with a customer success team
- Ability to challenge team members and be challenged to achieve team goals
- Proactive interest to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor, on-site with customers
- Experience with enterprise SaaS vendors preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Fluent French and English
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.