Based in Barcelona, Qustodio is a fast-growing internet safety startup whose mission is to provide a safe digital experience for every child. Our top product is a multi-platform parental control solution that is used and loved by hundreds of thousands of families worldwide. Qustodio has been rated Editors’ Choice by PC Magazine and is the now one of the leading brands worldwide for Parental Control.
We’re searching for a Head of Product Design who can help us make better products for our customers. We're looking for someone who can build and lead our research and design team team, work closely with product management and engineering to ship a great product, and partner with senior management to shape our company's future.
As the Head of Product Design, you’ll have the opportunity to construct and lead a talented team to design a product that positively impact the lives of parents and children worldwide. Day to day, you’ll manage a team of researchers and designers who are tasked with creating innovative and intuitive product solutions all across the site and our mobile applications.
You will be in charge of setting the product design workflow and team structure that will enable streamlined collaboration between our designers, product, and engineering teams at scale. You’ll evangelize and apply “Design Thinking” methodologies at scale in an agile organization.
- Help shape the product roadmap through research, insights, and data
- Collaborate closely with product and engineering leadership to scope, research and design roadmap features.
- Implement agile design methodologies and processes
- Ensure that the design process is informed by research, observation, data, testing and iteration.
- Lead a team to create compelling user flows and translate them into simple, usable, and elegant experiences.
- Empower your team members to proactively lead iteration cycles with stakeholders and push designs forward according to the team’s vision and understanding of the business goals.
- Help shape and evolve the company’s design culture.
- Hire, onboard, train, and mentor new team members.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Proven track record running 5+ person product design teams with specialized responsibilities.
- Experience with B2C software or, at minimum, operationally complicated software (i.e not just single purpose apps)
- Experience with the tools used by modern design teams: Jira/Trello, Slack, Confluence, Invision, Sketch, Zeplin, etc.
- Natural leadership abilities including great communication skills (written, verbal and via presentation) along with the ability to give/receive critical feedback.
- Be comfortable using data and user research to support design decisions.
- Have a design portfolio that demonstrates a strong command of user research, intuitive user experience, visual design, and strategic problem solving.
- Work well in a fast moving, iterative environment.
- Love leading, coaching, mentoring and growing your team. It is imperative you are comfortable putting in place the structures and processes for a healthy and high-functioning design team.
- Want to seek out and develop a design process that encourages collaboration between other designers and product teams.
- Are unafraid to change your opinion in the face of new information or understanding of the product goals—you have strong beliefs, but you’re open-minded.
- You are a creative thinker capable of translating vision and big ideas into meaningful, shippable product.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Qustodio. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
Why work for us?
Great question! Here are a few reasons...
- We’re in the very center of Barcelona, on the beautiful and emblematic Passeig de Gràcia
- Great culture - friendly and emphasizes both teamwork and fun
- Our company is home to over 15 nationalities
- Flexible working hours - and there are possibilities to work from home
- You'll be solving real-world problems that all families face.
- Interesting challenges on networking, security, and scalability for you to grind your skills
- In-house training and team building events
- Competitive salary range
- Fully equipped kitchen with free coffee
- Free Friday afternoon refreshments with the team
- 23 days of holiday per year