Based in Barcelona, Qustodio is a fast-growing internet safety startup whose mission is to provide a safe digital experience for every child. Our top product is a multi-platform parental control solution that is used and loved by hundreds of thousands of families worldwide. Qustodio has been rated Editors’ Choice by PC Magazine and is the now one of the leading brands worldwide for Parental Control.
We are searching for a dynamic, organized, and customer-focused analytics, data science leader who is interested in guiding key product and business decisions. This position will manage the team that drives decision making for the Qustodio product through metrics, data, models and strategic analyses.
This role requires an individual with excellent team leadership skills, outstanding business acumen, and the ability to work across Product Management, Marketing, Engineering, and Finance. We are looking for a leader who is a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, demonstrates strong attention to detail, and has the ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Define, measure and impact customer success and business KPIs through segmentation and customer behavior analysis
- Lead and develop a team of business analysts and Applied Data Scientists who develop models to solve business and customer problems.
- Identify strategic opportunities to improve our customer experience across their product journey with through analytics and data science.
- Develop a long term data and analytics strategic approach to our product and drive the implementation of that strategy.
- Develop frameworks, models, tools and processes to ensure that data science insights can be incorporated into all key decision making in our product, monetization and feature set.
- Dive deep into all available details, strategize with stakeholders and leaders to produce impactful solutions
- Master’s degree in Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Statistics, or related technical field.
- Proven Analytics Thought Leader with experience leading and growing world class analytics and data science teams
- 10+ years of professional experience, and passion for, working with large data sets plus deep experience in statistical analysis, advanced modeling techniques, data mining and business analysis. 3+ years managing teams of 4 or more.
- Ability to attach complex business questions with data and curiosity to dive deep, identifying the root cause and “so what” rather than just the trends.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that is tasked with providing data-driven decision support and business intelligence that is timely, accurate and actionable.
- Ability to effectively prioritize projects, manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion under tight deadlines
- Experience in data mining using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
- Proven track record of strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams across the world.
Why work for us?
Great question! Here are a few reasons...
- We’re in the very center of Barcelona, on the beautiful and emblematic Passeig de Gràcia
- Great culture - friendly and emphasizes both teamwork and fun
- Our company is home to over 15 nationalities
- Flexible working hours - and there are possibilities to work from home
- You'll be solving real-world problems that all families face.
- Interesting challenges on networking, security, and scalability for you to grind your skills
- In-house training and team building events
- Competitive salary range
- Fully equipped kitchen with free coffee
- Free Friday afternoon refreshments with the team
- 23 days of holiday per year