Nautal is the largest marketplace for boat charter in Spain and one of the top boat rental platforms in Europe. It was founded in 2013 as an online platform for connecting charter companies and private boat owners with users who wish to rent a boat and sail at their own leisure. It has one of the largest fleets of boats available to rent—more than 26,000 boats worldwide—which includes everything from a RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boat), a sailboat or catamaran, to an exclusive 80 meter super-yacht. At present, Nautal operates in Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Croatia, Greece, Holland, the U.S. and the Caribbean, providing boat charter services in more than 800 areas in 56 countries around the world.
are looking for a high-performance Head of Operations for our global
based markets to lead our multilingual team. This person will be
responsible for ensuring that our sales, partnerships, and growth
objectives are met. The ideal candidate is a strong strategic thinker,
great people manager, process-oriented, empathetic, data-driven and a
self-starter with experience in start-up environments. This role will
work closely with Product and Marketing teams.
This is a role central to our organization, part of the Management team, reporting directly to the CEO.
What you will do
- Have a strong understanding of the importance of looking at the Unit Economics & metrics in order to improve and make grow our business.
- Manage, coach and mentor all account managers/sales executives to ensure achievement of established goals and targets, and deliver profitable growth.
- Establish responsibilities, meetings and supervise the overall performance of the team.
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required.
- Create, scale, maintain and communicate detailed reporting models to assist sales, business development and account management efforts and make data-driven decisions.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Install infrastructure and systems to support the success of the operations function
- Hire and train the account managers/sales team, and help to improve the recruitment and training processes.
- Being part of a fast-growth start-up with a lot of potential, a job full of challenges and professional growth.
- Offices in front of the beach, with views to it.
- A competitive salary.
- Social benefits (such as fresh fruit, Gym membership, skipper license bonus, networking some days with our boats, etc…)
- Young, international and talented team that. If they don’t become your best friends, they will at least teach you a bunch.
- At least 4 years of experience in the management of high-performance operations teams (with more than 15 team members at least)
- Experience and commercial knowledge of the industry in which Nautal operates in (E-commerce and/or Tourism-Nautical industry).
- Used to work in highly competitive startups.
- Hands-on and results-oriented - you have strong leadership and high-level business knowledge.
- Strong communication and sales skills - with the ability to drive change.
- Team player; ability to work in a global-minded organization.
- Fluent in English and Spanish - advanced knowledge of French, Italian or German is appreciated.