Citibox is actively looking for an experienced, highly analytical and detailed-oriented Head of mobile engineering who is passionate about exquisitely crafted products, complex architectural challenges and is eager to work with the latest technologies. The successful candidate will be instrumental in the ability to see the big picture of mobile architecture and performance independently from any particular iOS/Android platform. This person will be responsible for growing and developing a world class team of mobile developers. The Head of mobile constantly cares about our product culture, keeping our customers front and centre in all decisions and serving as an and example for the rest of the team.
Citibox is a well-funded Spanish start-up that is on a mission to solve the challenges of B2C parcel delivery that carriers face today (last mile) through the mass deployment of smart mailboxes in residential buildings. It is the leading player in this space in terms of ecosystem development, based on the proprietary technology it has developed (universal, open and scalable), the agreements it has reached with all relevant Spanish carriers, the deployment of smart mailboxes, and the profitability of each unit installed. It has been selected as the top 3 Spanish startup of 2018:
The role of the Head of mobile engineering is to lead the mobile development team, from a technical and cultural point of view. This person will be a key member of product and technology leadership team, the decision maker in all matters related with mobile architecture, and will work with the other heads finding the best technical solutions for our customers, in alignment with the business needs, including scaling the team if is necessary. The key responsibilities of this person will be to, among others:
- Work on all of our apps, with high focus in architectural decision.
- Understanding, dividing and solving complex problems in a creative and reasoned way.
- Help on a strategic level working on the roadmap and making the team bigger if needed.
- Constant focus on performance and scalability.
- Looking after your team's personal growth and professional achievements.
Desired qualifications and skillset:
- Mastering Android is a must, and iOS a plus.
- Deep knowledge in Clean Architecture definition, and use of Clean Code guidelines.
- Experience working in a Squads based organization.
- Experience participating in roadmap decision from a tech point of view.
- Experience creating and managing mobile teams.
- Knowledge working with Design Systems as Material Design.
- Experience working with Kotlin.
- Experience working with a devops team on the CI/CD strategies.
- Previous experience in a start-up environment a plus.
- Experience in TDD with Robolectric and/or Expresso it’s a plus.
- Good English level.
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Logical, structured and methodical thinker with problem solving abilities.
- Highly analytical, data-driven and detail-oriented.
- Inquisitive and creative, always willing to innovate and move away from the status-quo.
- A team player, receptive to ideas from others. Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact successfully with all levels of the product team. Ability to inspire in a way that others want to make things happen.
- Adaptable with a “can-do attitude” always positive, proactive, and energized by working in a fast-paced environment characterized by constant change.
- Clear eagerness to learn continuously.
The role reports to the Chief Technology Officer and Head of Engineering, and will be a peer to Head of Front-end, Head of Back-end, and the Head of Infrastructure.
Contact us: email@example.com