CMP Group is looking for a Head of Digital Marketing who will lead our Barcelona-based marketing team.
Your team’s primary responsibility is to drive cost-effective revenue growth through customer acquisition. You are an expert at affiliate marketing and have plenty of experience with direct marketing. You will also enhance customer value with traffic sales and have a solid understanding of marketing-related analytics.
- Leads and develops a team of affiliate managers, media buyers and traffic sales managers.
- Enhances teamwork, set clear direction, priorities and represents the marketing team across the business.
- Increases free and paid user registrations through acquisition.
- Refine and execute acquisition strategy including innovation and expansion into new channels.
- Spearheads negotiation of commercial terms with affiliates and ad networks.
- Builds relationships with high-value marketing partners. This will include attending trade shows and high-touch VIP interaction.
- Partners effectively with other functional areas such as technology, product, design, data science, finance and customer services to achieve company goals.
- Communicates proactively by nurturing transparency around marketing initiatives, outcomes and drives related improvements.
- 8+ years digital marketing experience
- 3+ years of first level management experience managing a team of at least 5 people
- 3+ years affiliate marketing including commercial negotiation
- 3+ years of mobile (ideally browser-based) acquisition marketing
- 3+ years of B2C experience.
- Can negotiate commercials and manage large affiliates, major traffic networks and media brokers.
- Firm understanding of marketing KPIs and how to drive improvements to them
- Clear understanding of the conversion journey of a member: initial offer - free - paid
- Working with spreadsheets, reports and presentations should be second nature.
- Ability to travel Internationally
- Fluent in English
- Experience as a second level marketing manager
- US market experience (will consider relocation/visa costs to Barcelona for a great US-based marketer!)
- Relevant industry experience (dating, adult content and/or background check)
- Experience with marketing analytics tools such as Google Analytics and back offices used by ad networks and affiliate systems
- Understanding of fraudulent acquisition tactics and clear idea of how to mitigate them
- High level technical understanding of “how the web works”
- Management of outsourced marketing services and consultants
- Clear vision on how to scale up marketing (top-line growth and team)
- Clear vision of emergent acquisition channels and tools (e.g., snapchat; Facebook dataset analysis) and a desire to leverage them
- Permanent contract
- Flexible working hours
- 23 days of vacation plus 14 flexible bank holidays
- Bonus programs
- Annual paid training/conference participation.
- Free English and Spanish classes
- Company sponsored events: company-wide gathering (Punta Cana, Portugal, Sardinia over last 3 years); winter snow trip; FC Barcelona games; Friday pizza and beer; other parties, events and team-building
- Private health insurance
- Apple work equipment
- Fully subsidized lunches, drinks and snacks
- Subsidized gym membership
- Relocation provided
About CMP Group