One sunny Barcelona morning, two designers sat down to build a beautiful lead gen form for a bathroom company’s showroom. They ended up reimagining the data collection experience, and realized it was one idea they wouldn’t be flushing down the toilet. Today, Typeform is a team of over 300 people from more than 35 countries, with offices in Barcelona, Spain and San Francisco, US.
We’re building a world where brands, businesses, and their communities can have more personal relationships with the people who matter most. To do this, we give people the tools they need to have conversational experiences at scale—because meaningful relationships start with conversations.
From online lead forms and engaging quizzes, to face-to-face encounters in the office, help us build more meaningful relationships, one conversation at a time.
About the Team
You will be joining the Insights and Analytics team which is a diverse and passionate group of Researchers, Data Visualization Experts, Data Warehouse Architects and, of course, Data Scientists. We work embedded throughout the organization with the goal of being as close to decisions as possible.
About the Role
As Head of Data Science & Analytics Chapter you will be responsible for developing, managing, and empowering a team of 6-8 data scientists. You will drive Product/Marketing growth by identifying and delivering on strategic data initiatives through your team. You will also lead and own key data department initiatives outside of your chapter.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Create the right environment and rituals to keep the team engaged and aiming to improve themselves quarter over quarter
- Provide timely feedback and mentoring so that the individuals can continuously grow, make their biggest impact and thrive on their day to day job
- Keep the team motivated, setting ambitious goals and with a sense of pride over their achievements
- Actively participate in the hiring process, by bringing to the team the best talent in terms of diverse critical thinking, technical skills & culture
- Translate specific questions into broader business problems. Assist the team in scoping and delivering impactful complex projects
- Be passionately curious about Typeform customer's behaviors and raise questions for the team and the organization to challenge the status quo and generate new insights
- Drive Product/Marketing organization to adopt data-driven frameworks and data solutions that will allow them to accelerate growth & improve performance
- Contribute to Data Team Management & Excellence by proactively proposing processes to help the whole Data team work more seamlessly and efficiently in the operational day-to-day
- Together with other Data leaders contribute to defining career frameworks
Here’s what we’re after:
- You’ve got 7+ years of experience as a data scientist and developed domain knowledge while working closely with a Product or Marketing teams
- You have enjoyed leading a team of DS for more than 2 years
- You're empathic, enthusiastic, and collaborative
- You have a proven track record of statistical modeling / applied machine learning with a focus on churn prediction, LTV prediction, and customer behavioral clustering
- You have experience with A/B and Multivariate test design and implementation
- You’re pragmatic. You value simple and effective solutions over complicated brain-melters
- You can take a complex concept and make it sound simple, using clear visual references to help
- You like taking on big challenges—given the appropriate time and resources
- You’re hungry to learn and embrace healthy debate
- You are proficient in building queries with SQL
- You have experience with AWS or other cloud systems
- You are an expert in Python or R, and have some experience in implementation (Scala/Java)
- You’re fluent in English and eager to work in a multicultural, international environment
It'd be amazing if you also have:
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies (e.g. Spark or Redshift)
Think you’re a good fit? Hit apply—success might be just around the corner 😉
*Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be an equal opportunity workplace.