We're changing the way people think about transportation. Uber started with on-demand rides, but we've grown to offer access to everything from food delivery to electric bikes and scooters. We've even integrated public transit into the Uber app--as well as a few helicopters. We use technology to give people what they want, when they want it across 600+ cities in the world.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer: An operating system for everyday life. And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, with teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul.
Community Operations is groundbreaking how Uber leads customer and partner support around the globe. The team you will join has one mission: make Customer and Partner Experience our #1 bold advantage without compromising financial sustainability. You and your team will champion this mission every single day until there are no doubts it's a reality.
As ears and eyes for Uber, we are responsible for providing empathetic support to riders and drivers, while working with several stakeholders to continually provide insights and continuously improve the experience.
About The Role
The Head of Customer Experience for Southern Europe leads, design and improves the experience of all our customer (Riders, Drivers, Jump users) across all channels in 7 countries (Spain, Portugal, Italy, Croatia, Turkey, Israel and Greece). His or her mission is to deliver a world class experience for every interaction we have and doing this in the most efficient and lean way possible. All this done in such a way that establishes trust for our community, which we think is an important and core feature of our product experience. The role consists of managing and leading of managers, develop and set them up for success to lead cross-regional teams of 80+ people cross 20 cities. Growing and managing the team from its current state will be a key part of this role.
In the Uber Greenlight Locations (GLs) we help new partners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and serve as a logistics hub for the city. In the GLs we strive, besides providing the best experience and advice to our drivers, to maximise the performance of the GLs, motivating and raising the bar of our team's customer obsession. To accomplish this, you'll implement standard operating procedures for onboarding, engagement and retention, and you'll lead the team to innovate tomorrow's new best practices.
For our customers that prefer in-app support (Virtual), you and your team will be responsible to build, operate, scale and improve our customer experience operations across all markets. This role comes with a heavy focus on solving problems through data analytics and leading teams to deliver stellar outcomes. There is a large focus on continuous process improvement, on both the support and product side, while advocating passionately on behalf of our community to influence the overall customer experience. Your team will be in charge to equip our front line agents with the right content to engage, retain and acquire customers as well motivating our support teams to be advocates of the Uber experience. The role combines all these facets as well as managing stakeholder relationships across the broader business to set the right expectations and deliver handsomely on them.
Your leadership will instill inspiration and confidence to the Southern Europe region, and will be spread across your key stakeholders (Operations, Marketing, Legal, etc) you will be an advocate for our customers and bringing groups and cross functional teams throughout the region together as a single team focused on building a successful advantage by growing and strengthening our customer obsession.
What You'll Do
- You'll be tasked with scaling support in an innovative way at a company that's growing at an amazing speed and changing constantly. You're prepared to lead a large team of GL and Comm-Ops, and forefront support representatives to provide world-class support to our community of users.
- Owning the success metrics for supply growth and operational SLAs, business targets, and financial performance of Comm-Ops and GLs throughout the region
- Collecting and reporting on regional performance data, with a particular emphasis on trend identification and actionable insights
- Working with internal and external stakeholders (General Managers, City and Regional Operations, Marketing Teams, Facilities, etc) to represent the voice of our customers, advocating for them and incorporating it the regional strategy.
- Maintain consistency of operational efficiency and customer experience through every channel (in-person, in-app, phone etc.) and at every Greenlight Location in your region
- Be a passionate advocate for all riders and driver partners and answer any questions that come your way in a high stress, fast moving environment.
Who you are
- A skilled leader. As a manager overseeing a substantial management team, you'll have a tremendous impact on the overall culture. You are passionate about guiding and developing teams to perform at the highest levels while maintaining an enjoyable and passionate atmosphere.
- A lover of process and optimization. You will be completely transforming customer interactions for the Uber community. You're excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with processes and modalities, and are willing and able to lead others utilizing them.
- A good communicator and stakeholder manager. you are able to strike the right tone and are a great stakeholder manager across the business both locally as international
- Data-driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a digestible way.
- Incredibly empathetic and understanding of both riders and driver partners situations alike. You will be an excellent advocate for Uber's users within the business and are passionate about improving the customer experience.
What You'll Need
- Minimum 6 years of Operational leadership experience, with proven track record of excellent people management experience and demonstrated ability to effectively manage, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance
- Customer experience vision with a strong strategic thinking is key for this role
- International exposure in complex organizations, working with several stakeholders
- Exposure to process optimization, systematic organization and program/project management
- Strong planning and organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to work pressure and tight deadlines
- Fluency in English and Spanish or Portuguese
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.