Over the past 10 years, the Eventbrite team has grown from a small but mighty group in San Francisco, CA to a global community of 900+ employees in over 12 countries. A major focus of our strategic plan has been an investment in the large opportunity across continental Europe, and specifically Spain and Portugal.
Our goal is clear. We are the world’s leading ticketing and event technology platform. With the help of deeply integrated partners like Google, Facebook, Spotify and Instagram, we strive to be the preferred provider in Europe. Over the past two years, with a successful acquisition of ticketscript, ticketfly and ticketea and our strong organic growth and great talent joining, we are poised to seize this opportunity. Our Madrid office is at the center of this endeavor, driving outstanding success.
Our growth plans for the Spanish and Portuguese market are ambitious; For us, Spain and Portugal are one of the most exciting markets in the world, and we see tremendous growth potential for Eventbrite. In addition, we have recently doubled our Business Development power in the region through our acquisition of ticketea. This acquisition was a key step to accelerate growth in Spain, which we see as a core market. The opportunity is huge as we bring these two teams together, and we are looking for an experienced leader to take advantage of this potential
Our Spanish team is focused on continuing growth through brand awareness and marketing and targeting events where our product is a great fit to help organisers be more successful. The team is made up of six functions: Business Development, Marketing, Customer Success, Finance, Product and Engineering. After ticketea acquisition, Spain and Portugal is the biggest Eventbrite European group with a growing team of over +60 people and offices in Madrid, Barcelona, Vigo and Villena.
As Head of Business Development, you will join and lead a dynamic team that drives our Spanish Business Development practices. You will report into the Country Director for Spain and Portugal, and work with him as well as with the Head of European Business Development, to build pipeline, fine-tune strategy, create and execute on business success metrics, and consistently push your team to beat targets.
The job will be based in the Madrid office, managing a team of Business Development Managers and Business Development Representatives both in Madrid and Barcelona. As the team leader, you will own the overall success of the team. You will be responsible for driving performance, ensuring a strong pipeline of prospective clients and develop action plans where necessary. You’ll be actively involved in the largest prospects of the team, guiding in the preparation of proposals, pitch presentations, and quotas. You will be responsible for reporting on the success of your team, and you will act as the liaison between the team and company leadership.
You will also manage the individual performance of the Business Development Managers and help grow their skill sets. By coaching on procedure, technique, and pipeline management, you will ensure career progression and job satisfaction for your team of Britelings.
- 10+ Years in sales area B2B
- 5+ years experience in a Business Development Leadership/Management role.
- Business Development success within the SaaS, Technology, or Ticketing sector
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
- Complete culture match with Eventbrite (challenging, dynamic and people oriented)
- Strong leadership skills: communication, influence and empathy
- Experience managing and executing on metrics and quotas
- A proven track record of overperformance
- Analytical ability to understand and report periodical team performance to company leadership
- Excellent written, oral (Spanish + English) and numeracy skills are essential
- A proven track record of closing deals from SMB to enterprise level
- Experience in exceeding team and individual targets
- Experience in executing on metrics and quotas, with a track record of over-performance
- A deep network of relationships in the events or ticketing industry
- Experienced in working as part of a remote team, building strong HQ relationships and in influencing for local market needs effectively
- Experience working in a matrix organisation, influencing across functional and business unit line
- Experienced in migrating clients and revenues into a new platform
- Knowledge of our main target markets music and registration / B2B events
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- An uncapped commission plan
- A young dynamic team with a ‘let's make it happen’ mentality
- Team lunches and team events
- Lots of fancy snacks, fruits, drinks & happy hours
- Allowances for commute, sports and wellness
- A family friendly environment
Eventbrite is the world’s largest ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences around the globe. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. Applicant Privacy Notice
Eventbrite company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.