We are building and running the next generation of digital experiences. Will you join us?
BloomReach, an enterprise software company building the world’s most advanced, open-source digital experience platform, is looking for a Go Developer to join us in our Amsterdam office. We're a team of technical experts with open source in our DNA, building and running a high-caliber product that our customers love. If you’re not afraid to expect the very best from yourself and your team, we want to bring you on board to work with some of the world’s biggest and most innovative global brands.
You will code and operate our next generation platform, BloomReach Cloud (BRC). BRC is written in Go(lang) on top of Kubernetes and AWS. You’ll be working with concepts such as: Kubernetes, Go, AWS, agile, scalability, real-time monitoring, self-service, open source, automation and the cloud. You will collaborate with developers, customers, partners and various BloomReach departments in order to create a truly groundbreaking product. You will be part of a small, dedicated and cross-functional team where you will have a large and diverse set of responsibilities to support BloomReach, its customers and its partners, and build infrastructure and tools to increase automation, improve efficiency of the engineering team.
The ideal candidate has
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English;
- A university degree (preferably in Computer Science or related field of study);
- Prioritization and analytical skills;
- Thorough understanding of, and at least 5 years extensive programming experience in, Go, Java or C++
- Thorough understanding of, and experience administering Linux, (web)applications and at least one of Puppet, Chef and Ansible;
- Understanding of networking, architecture and core web technologies like load balancing, web servers, HTTP, DNS, LDAP and SQL/NoSQL;
- Cloud (building) experience with technologies/services like Kubernetes, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform;
- CI / CD experience (Continuous Integrations and Deployment).
- Experience with running docker in production, if you know Kubernetes even better;
- Experience with CoreOS, helm, etcd is a huge bonus;
- Experience with monitoring, distributed logging and metrics, setting up configuring and analysing to spot problems (Prometheus, Grafana, Filebeat, Logstash);
- Really have that "monitor everything and anything" mentality, from a alerting as well as a metrics point of view (Pagerduty, OpsGenie, Pingdom);
- AWS product experience (ELB, EBS, RDS, S3, Route53, AMI users, etc);
- Experience with infrastructure as code from a provisioning side (terraform, cloudformation).
What we offer
A challenging position with lots of room for growth. Work in the heart of Amsterdam with a team of highly intelligent, international coworkers and the world’s most advanced digital experience product. You’ll love our flat, non-hierarchical structure, open(-source) mentality, our dedication to product excellence, and the fierce loyalty with which we value our team members.