Mozilla is in a category of one: a global technology nonprofit super-powered by a worldwide group of volunteers, and with a mission to ensure the Internet is a global public resource open and accessible to all. We drive impact through our products, technology and people by advocating for individuals’ online lives and on their behalf for the health of the Internet.
As Copywriter and Editor for the German market, you will work with marketing durable teams to provide insights about the audience and culture, define hypotheses and approaches to reach high value Conscious Chooser user segments, and develop and adapt creative strategy using agile, continuous learning methods. You’ll write original content, identify and transliterate global stories and campaigns, and review key touchpoints written or translated by others to ensure consistent tone and content. In doing so, you’ll become the owner of the Firefox and Mozilla brand voices in Germany.
This role is full-time, based in Berlin, reporting to the Head of Copywriting.
- Draft original content for both Firefox and Mozilla brands — including digital advertising, email, blog and social posts, snippets, web pages, video scripts — that’s culturally relevant and tone-appropriate for the German market
- Provide strategy, research and ideation to key German initiatives across all marketing durable teams
- Work with Editorial team members to identify global stories that can be transliterated for the German market, and identify German market stories that would work well globally
- Review and edit key touchpoints written by others for tone and content
- Help evaluate and improve the process for localizing content in German, and execute some translation work
- Review and edit key touchpoints translated by multiple partners for appropriate tone and intention
- Promote the tools that guide everyone writing or translating content in German
While you’ll work with many marketing durable teams, you’ll prioritize your time and energy in the following order:
New aDAU - Firefox Desktop
- Print, digital display advertising, SEM, social conversion, email, web, video
- Optimize content for performance/digital marketing channels; create original content for paid social media, blogs, and web pages that drive downloads; and write briefs for experiences targeting our most prolific daily active users (aDAU).
Existing aDAU - Firefox Desktop
- Email, web, snippets, experiments (webpage, email and/or in-product communications)
Firefox Global Brand Marketing and Mozilla Global Brand Marketing
- Email, snippets, social, web, video copy.
Your Professional Profile
- 7+ years experience in advertising copywriting, journalism, content creation or related field.
- 5+ years experience in technology field
- Demonstrated ability to craft marketing that improves product experience, increases user base, and brand equity
- Ability to pitch work-in-progress ideas and present final work to a diverse set of partners and draw inspiration from their feedback
- Experience working collaboratively and in the open using Google documents.
- Self-motivated to prioritize projects, set appropriate expectations with partners, and meet project deadlines.
- Experience publishing your own content in a blog, on a site, or in print.
- Ability to write in a variety of styles with an ear for modern, conversational German
- Proficient at German - English cross translation and English-to-German transliteration.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.