We invite you to join Vodafone to build a future together, in a position where you can learn new things every day and have contact with the different business units of the Company, as well as related institutions and public bodies.
As the Cloud Data Engineer within Vodafone’s Data & Analytics team, you are responsible for the delivery and operations of analytics and visualisation data sets for for market Data & Analytics teams on Nucleus. Nucleus is a multi-year, international progamme delivering enhanced data and analytics capabilities on Google Cloud.
This role is focused on the delivery of data sets, common calculations and KPIS used for Reporting, Visualisation and Data Science.
You will work closely with Nucleus technical teams to ensure requirements for data are delivered within GCP dataenineering tools and manage the data backlog, ensuring the right data is in place for Visualisation Specialists and Data Scientists to work effectively.
You will drive agile delivery approaches, including rapid delivery of new data.
You will be working in a multi-market environment, with multiple versions of data models. The role requires candidates to closely with business data users and wider Data & Analytics organisation to document data engineering requests and analyse how data is being used across Vodafone.
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Data Engineer with Data Modelling and DevOps skills. This role requires close collaboration with teams based across Europe and India. Candidates should have a good knowledge of ETL/DW and data transfer tools, such as BigQ, CDF, GCS, cloud Composser, cloud Function, etc., and agile delivery methodologies. They should have experience working in a large enterprise and multi tier platforms.
- Manage Data Backlog for analytics, visualisation and reporting
- Be the Product owner for data on Google.
- Owns the data model backlogs
- Drive Nucleus Programme data engineering team
- Manage Data Testing & acceptance
- Capture data model requirements from Data & Analytics team
- Create clear data specifications
- Define data architecture
- Drive common data models
- Manage Data Model Operations & Upgrades
- Assess and performs Changes to data models
- Manage Data Model Board
- Define Data Model Operating Model
- Set Data Model
- Drive Continous Improvement
- Manage Data Engineering Operations
- Manage Handoff between different data Engineering teams
- Enable Monitoring of Live Data Pipelines
- Setup and Manage Data Operations
- Drive innovation with Data
- Real-time Data Feeds
- Anomaly Detection
What you bring?
- Strong analysis and influencing skills
- Extensive experience of Data modelling and engineering on GCP
- Extensive experience of BI systems, data governance (preferably under Collibra) and compliance activities
- Degree qualified in data related subject
At Vodafone we are concerned about being a company committed to diversity as an engine of change. We are proud to offer equal opportunities regardless of race, nationality, cultural origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and religious or political beliefs.