At Hadean we are changing the nature of computing. Our mission is to enable and empower the world to effortlessly harness the limitless computing power of the cloud to realise the greatest opportunities of today and tomorrow, to make the world a better place. So far in 2019 we’ve raised $10m to accelerate our growth.
We believe that anything is possible when you think big enough, so we give our team the platform to turn great ideas into great products. We are a deep tech company pushing the boundaries every day. Our Engineering team are rewriting the rulebook on OS design to create HadeanOS. It is distributed-first, robust to scaling, efficient, compact and fast. On this foundation we are building Aether Engine, a simulation framework capable of tackling the vast complexity of tomorrow’s gaming, life science and physical simulation challenges.
As our new Game Engine Developer you will be key to our growth by:
- Working in the Engines team to own our distributed/cloud game engine and ensure that it has the power and feature set to push the boundaries of what’s possible in online gaming.
- Working in a team of game engine, spatial simulation and distributed computing experts to deliver both foundational work and incremental improvements to Hadean’s technology. As an autonomous, self-organising team you’ll own your goals and feel the thrill of successful delivery.
- Bringing your experience of game engine development to the table as we plan, design and deliver new game engine features and improve existing ones.
What we’re looking for:
- Knowledge of at least one of the following game engine subsystems: collision and physics, AI, path finding, spatial partitioning, resource management.
- Experience with an Game Engine
- Experience optimising engine code for memory, cache, network and CPU efficiency and performance.
- Strong C/C++ knowledge.
- You are highly proactive and able to organise your time towards successful delivery.
- You can decompose complex problems and manage the inherent risks in pushing technical boundaries.
- You can take high level requirements and distil them into an elegant software design.
- You can write clear, understandable and maintainable code.
Nice but not necessary:
- Experience with Rust.
- Experience working with distributed systems or parallel computing.