What we do:
Hotelhero’s mission is to push digitalization and software adoption in the old-school industry of Hospitality.
Our platform helps hotel professionals discover and select the right software solutions to better manage their businesses. We offer our users intelligent software recommendations based on their venues’ specific characteristics and similar hotels tech stacks.
Who we are:
Based in Berlin, the company was created by 3 founders with a background in the Hospitality industry. In one year, we validated our core business concepts and helped a significant amount of hoteliers, while generating sustainable revenues.
We are currently enrolled in the Techstars Accelerator program to
bring our business to the next level and build a scalable platform.
Your mission at Hotelhero:
At Hotelhero, we’re looking for a kick-ass developer to fulfil our vision, giving you the opportunity to be at the forefront of a great adventure.
Working with us, you will take care of the development and maintenance of the new product, taking the lead on technical decision making.
You will focus on developing our Ruby On Rails backend, as well as the frontend by producing efficient and reusable code. You will implement the architecture including hosting and deployment, tests, monitoring, etc.
We want you to live a challenging and fulfilling work experience centred around hands-on coding but also:
- Challenge and contribute to our product’s visions
- Never stop learning and sharing your knowledge
- Setup the best development practices to build a reliable tech team
Some of the exciting features you will build:
- a scalable review system
- product to user recommendation algorithms
- slick user on-boardings
- buyer/seller bidding interface
- & more!
Our stack: Ruby on Rails, JS/React, PostgreSQL, Heroku (or AWS)
You need more reasons to apply?
- take on crucial responsibilities by being one of our first developers and grow a team around you
- take the lead on technical decisions making
- build a user-facing product from scratch
- work with a passionate and fast-moving team
- salary: 45K based on profile, increasing as the company grows
Ready to become our engineer?
- 2+ year experience as Rails Fullstack developer
- you’re into backend but can deal with frontend using templating languages, you’re familiar with APIs
- you are open to mentorship, providing guidance and direction when resolving problems
- you are willing to share past experiences to set up an agile work environment
- you are living or open to relocating to Berlin and starting ASAP
Interested? Here are the next steps
What we need from you:
- Contact details
- Your resume
- Github account
- Link to 1-2 project you have worked on and what excited you about them
- Schedule a 30 min call
- Conduct a technical test
- Meet you in person if you’re around Berlin