Can you imagine yourself working to help ensure that people from around the world can make their ideas a reality?
Do you dream of working in a multicultural environment where everyday you learn something new and exciting?
Want to be driven by an overarching mission?
Bridge for Billions is the first online incubator that creates a
bridge between entrepreneurs, their ideas, and the mentors that help
them through our online platform. With the mentor’s help, they create
their business plans and understand the viability of their ideas.
We’re also a young and family-like work environment with continuous learning opportunities. We’re an up-and-coming startup that forms part of networks like Forbes30Under30 and Ashoka Fellows.
We’re looking for a passionate individual to join our Software Development team to help make sure that our platform is more agile and intuitive.
Want to be our new Full-Stack Developer? Keep on reading!
What do we look for?
--- Tech Skills ---
We’re interested in your knowledge and experience:
- BS Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Professional English
- Several years of software development experience in tech/internet startups, ideally in SaaS and/or product-centric startups
- A passion for clean code and hot new frontend technologies
- Experience with any Frontend frameworks/libraries, AngularJS, and/or ReactJS are a plus
- Comfortable with Webpack bundling system
- Backend or full-stack knowledge, in particular Django is a plus
- QA / Testing knowledge
- Excellent methodological skills while working with branches and pull requests in Github
- Used to deal with APIs
--- Soft skills ---
At the same time, we’re also interested in your skills that will make the day to day experience with the team a wonderful experience:
- We like working with proactive people with a “can do” mentality and a goal-oriented work style
- Empathy runs in our DNA and understanding other points of view and necessities will make our work easier
- Passion for your work and to keep on leaning will help you to overcome the challenges that we have to face
- In order for our agile mindset to flourish we need our team to be comprised of intrapreneurs that make things happen and always think big.
At Bridge for Billions, we’re convinced that people are the differentiating factor in the success of a company and we believe that talent is more than just knowledge. It’s expressed in attitudes and abilities to relate with other teams and peoples.
We also love to grab lunch together and brag about what awesome weekends we’ve had! Only one rule, no shop talk at the lunch table!
¡Long hours of work, but also of fun and beers (or sodas if beer’s not your thing) together!
Roles and contributions
The roles you will fulfill are:
- Frontend Development
- Backend Development
Want to know more? We need:
- Responsibility and maximum flexibility to innovate, re-do, change, make decisions and plan in order to maximize our impact
- Work closely with senior developers to design and architect robust front-end and back-end solutions in an agile environment
- Take crucial decisions discussed with Product Managers and Designers in scoping, defining, and sizing user stories
- Ensure smooth product releases and support
- Advise in specific departments meetings to align priorities
- Write clean, documented, and performant code
- Review other team members pull requests and provide feedback
- Continuous learning
¿What do we have for you?
First and foremost:
Throughout the selection process we’ll treat you as a human, not like a robot or a product that only spits out code.
An onboarding plan where you’ll be accompanied by manager and other team-members who will make sure that your expectations are met and that you have everything you need in order to succeed at this job.
- Full-stack Developer role and responsibilities with great freedom to initiate own ideas.
- Code on something that matters, contribute to helping thousands of entrepreneurs from all over the world.
- The chance to shape the company by taking on a key role from an early stage.
- An international dynamic team of young professionals with lots of passion and a clear vision in a fast-growing startup
- Flexible working hours and optional remote days
- Based in Madrid
- Compensation €25K – €35K
- Equity on a case by case basis
Ready to join?
About Bridge for Billions