At Quipu we are looking for a great developer to improve our team and help us keep growing our platform. We strive to automate processes for our clients and let them focus on their business instead of doing boring, mechanical stuff.
Top skills required are:
- Passion for coding & learning, finding the smartest solutions to each problem.
- A drive to push for great quality in everything that you do, being able to balance it with deadlines.
- Experience with APIs and testing.
- Being a team player, learn from others and help others learn.
- Striving to be informed about each new thing, technique or technologies that come out, specially if they can help our technological platform.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and React.
- Experience with Machine Learning.
We use Ruby on Rails in the backend, with mostly MySQL and, for some parts, Redis as the databases. We are currently in the process of migrating from the old-school approach of mainly rendering everything at every request, to new small applications in React that will eventually become one. We also use Python for a machine learning component and React Native for our mobile applications.
What you will do:
You will work side by side with the product designer and the development team, including the CTO. We need a pragmatic thinker and a keen problem solver ready to take on big challenges. Your role will range from the development of new projects and improvements to the current product, to internal refactors or even testing out new technologies.
The whole development team works in 2-week sprints by following Scrum, and although we obviously follow a product roadmap based on the company's business needs, we strongly encourage your own initiative and ideas!
What we offer:
- Provide you with continuous challenge and space for learning.
- Participation in the technological and business decision making.
- Agile tasks distribution, with daily deploys.
- Flexible schedule (but should be based in sunny Barcelona).
- Broad and diverse start-up ecosystem that provides much more than a job experience.
- Ping pong championships - we have our own ping pong table at the office!
- Itnig Breakfasts every Tuesday
- Summer BBQs
- Team Lunch on Fridays
- Afterwork Beers
- Afterwork activities such as Laser tag, Poker, Table games or LAN Parties
- Conferences, events and workshops onsite
Don't miss the opportunity to contribute to our challenging project as part of a great team of developers!