Travelport is a place of opportunity. It’s our incredible team that makes our company great – our people drive our winning culture.
Travelport is a worldwide travel retail platform. Our next-generation marketplace connects buyers and sellers that share our passion for delivering exceptional travel experiences. Unconflicted and independent, we are reinventing a simpler future for travel’s complex ecosystem.
What does a great Fullstack Web Developer do?
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and you will play a crucial role in building our next generation point of sale, which is a pivotal part in Travelport’s strategy
- Write and run automated test scripts using test frameworks
- Perform frequent code reviews amongst the team
- Maintenance of web components and cloud services
- Apply BDD and TDD principles as part of the development cycle
- Participate in release activities and Production Support
- Collaborate on features sizing, story refinement and planning following Agile methodologies
- Proactively work with the team to improve the CI/CD and automation capabilities
- Contribute to establishment and enforcement of standards and best practices. Focused on efficient, high performance, high reliability/stability experience and architectural alignment of solution.
- Come up with small improvements or big new ideas, bringing the best solutions to life
What we look for/who would prosper in this role?
- Educated to HNC/Degree level in a Computer Science, Engineering, math, or a numerate discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of software design best practices (SOLID, Patterns and antipatterns)
- 3+ year’s proven experience in software development using the following technologies in a microservices architecture:
- React, Babel, Redux, NodeJS
- RESTful APIs, XML, SOAP, REST, GraphQL and other Web Services technologies
- Container-based development using Docker, Kubernetes
- Testing frameworks like Jest, Enzyme, React Testing Library, xUnit, mocking libraries
- Experience in Git/Gitflow process in terms of branching, Pull Request process, Code/Peer reviews, merging and Trunk Based Development, feeling confident working with source control tools
- CICD familiarity, preferably implemented in MS Azure DevOps through CI and Release pipelines or GitHub enterprise
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe) and DevOps culture/practices
- Proven experience using TDD daily
- Experience of Jira for Requirements/ Story management and work management tools is a plus
- Soft Skills:
- Superb interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize within a continuously changing environment
- Be dynamic and self-motivated with high level of energy and enthusiasm
As we evolve and grow as a business, so will you.
You will thrive within an inclusive and diverse workplace where you are encouraged to think differently, and have the courage, confidence & ambition to challenge what’s been done before, and be bold to win!
These are just a few of our employee’s favourite benefits/perks…
Competitive base salary, quarterly bonus, private medical insurance, pension plan, meal tickets, gym sub, very generous holiday allowance and more!!
Interested? We’d love for you to get in touch!*
*Please note that if your application is progressed, you may be asked to complete a self-recorded video interview, at a time that works best for you. This is your chance to bring your skills & experience to life in your own words and style. Ensure you keep an eye on your junk folder just in case our invitation finds its way there.
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation, if needed.