We are an ambitious global startup that helps students find the perfect place to stay while studying abroad. We were founded three years ago, and we are already a recognized brand in the short-term rental market in Europe. We are based in New York City, and we have a separate office in Barcelona. This position is for a junior to mid-level developer in Barcelona.
- Our ideal candidate has a good eye for design, user experience, and performance.
- You bring a strong front-end game, but have an interest and understanding of the back end as well.
- You follow best practices, write clean, maintainable, readable code, and work well with a small team.
- You have a passion for learning new technologies on the fly.
- You are very familiar with Git, GitHub, and using the Unix/Linux command line.
- You are familiar with agile methodology and testing.
- You are fluent enough in English to communicate with the team in the U.S.
- You have the confidence to make decisions and really own your code. As the member of a small dev team, you will have a lot of autonomy and responsibility.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, low-structure environment.
About this gig:
You will respond to requests from internal and external stakeholders to make updates and changes to our product. In the near future, you will take the lead in a full re-design.
Our current product is a monolithic Ruby on Rails application with Angular 1.5 doing the heavy lifting on the front end. We are currently planning to break the application up into a suite of micro services with a separate admin site, API, and front end, most likely written in React. This is an incredible opportunity to gain experience with cutting edge technology and gain experience.