We are an ambitious global startup that helps students find the perfect place to stay while studying abroad. We were founded three years ago, and we are already a recognized brand in the short-term rental market in Europe. We are based in New York City, and we have a separate office in Barcelona. This position is for a junior to mid-level developer in Barcelona.
- Our ideal candidate has a good eye for design, user experience, and performance.
- You bring a strong front-end game, but have an interest and understanding of the back end as well.
- You follow best practices, write clean, maintainable, readable code, and work well with a small team.
- You have a passion for learning new technologies on the fly.
- You are very familiar with Git, GitHub, and using the Unix/Linux command line.
- You are familiar with agile methodology and testing.
- You are fluent enough in English to communicate with the team in the U.S.
- You have the confidence to make decisions and really own your code. As the member of a small dev team, you will have a lot of autonomy and responsibility.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, low-structure environment.
About this gig:
You will respond to requests from internal and external stakeholders to make updates and changes to our product. In the near future, you will take the lead in a full re-design.
Our current product is a monolithic Ruby on Rails application with Angular 1.5 doing the heavy lifting on the front end. We are currently planning to break the application up into a suite of micro services with a separate admin site, API, and front end, most likely written in React. This is an incredible opportunity to gain experience with cutting edge technology and gain experience.
About Study Abroad Apartments
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!