Eurovision Technology Hub will be responsible for delivering media & broadcast core solutions applying the most advanced software engineering techniques. The new offices in Madrid are specifically designed to boost creativity and facilitate innovation and learning in an amicable work environment. As part of the technology team, you will be working with top international engineers specialized in media while seeing your developments applied in Tier-1 worldwide sports and news content.The Full Stack Developer will be part of a small, talented and motivated core team that will support Eurovision Services in delivering the most innovative and reliable solutions for our customers around the world.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION
In this role as a Software Engineer you will:
- Work across the full stack of different products and solutions based on Agile/SCRUM methodology in a DevOps environment,
- Analyze requirements, design and write code for new features and user stories,
- Prepare and execute unit and integration tests,
- Participate in peer reviews and software inspections,
- Estimate and plan software development work,
- Identify and correct defects and their root causes,
- Partner with solution architects, team members, end users and other development teams,
- Support users to evaluate and iterate on new features,
- Brainstorm with other software engineering teams, product owners and software architects,
- Research new technologies to solve relevant problems, delivering proof-of-concepts as required.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCEThe successful candidate must have advanced knowledge of software programming and experience developing using Agile/SCRUM methodology.
- As with any engineer we hire, the ability to communicate well in English is crucial (English is the working language),
- Interest and aptitude for learning new technologies,
- Must be capable of working independently to solve problems, provide direction and troubleshoot issues in a clear manner,
- Capability to handle multiple simultaneous competing priorities and deliver solutions in a timely manner, including the ability to easily adapt priorities as the business dictates,
- In-depth experience with object-oriented programming and data modeling,
- A willingness to learn and apply software engineering best practices to your work,
- Some years of experience working as part of a software development team,
- Solid expertise with all layers in computer software development,
- Proficiency implementing software in Java. C++, Python and Scala would be a plus,
- Some experience with web and application servers like Apache and Tomcat,
- Master some of the following technologies/libraries: Spring, Hibernate, Bamboo, Maven,
- Extensive use of APIs and a strong understanding of HTTP and REST architecture,
- Comfortable with large projects in source control (Git), continuous integration (Jenkins, Bamboo) and writing unit tests,
- Experience with databases and distributed systems such as MySQL and Postgres
- Familiar with containerization and docker platforms, orchestration tools including OpenShift and Kubernetes,
- Familiar scripting in Linux (RedHat, CentOS, Debian).
Additional experience in the following areas would be a bonus:
- Experience working collaboratively with geographically distributed and international teams (our headquarters are located in Switzerland),
- Some experience in OTT/Media/Broadcast software development projects,
- Knowledge of digital video concepts (container formats, codecs, compression schemes, tools, best practices, etc.).
More info in the job description attached.
We will not accept any applications after the closing date and we will contact only the candidates who correspond to the requirements.
Eurovision Technology Hub is committed to building a culturally and gender diverse workforce and to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups, regardless of their background.
About Eurovision Labs
The European Broadcasting Union (EBU) is the world’s foremost alliance of public service media (PSM). Our mission is to make PSM indispensable. We have 73 Members in 56 countries in Europe, and an additional 33 Associates in Asia, Africa, Australasia and the Americas
We are one EBU with two distinct fields of activity: member services and business services.
Our member services strive to secure a sustainable future for public service media, provide our Members with a centre for learning and sharing and build on our founding ethos of solidarity and co-operation to provide an exchange of world-class news, sports news and music.
Eurovision Media Services, our business arm, has an outstanding global reputation and is the first choice media services provider for many media organizations and sports federations around the world.
We have offices in Brussels, Rome, Dubai, Moscow, New York, Washington DC, Singapore and Beijing. Our headquarters are in Geneva.
Discover more about the EBU on www.ebu.ch and EMS on http://www.eurovision.net.
About Eurovision Labs:
Eurovision Labs in Madrid is the new technology hub for the EBU's new subsidiary, Eurovision Services. The Labs will be responsible for delivering media & broadcast core solutions applying the most advanced software engineering techniques. The new offices in Madrid are specifically designed to boost creativity and facilitate innovation and learning in an amicable work environment. As part of the technology team, you will be working with top international engineers specialized in media while seeing your developments applied in Tier-1 worldwide sports and news content. The applicants will be part of a small, talented and motivated core team that will support Eurovision Services in delivering the most innovative and reliable solutions for our customers around the world.
Join our new technology hub in Madrid:
No vacancy, but you think your profile could be of interest to us? Are you self-motivated and eager to learn? Then we want to meet you!
We are seeking profiles from the software and telecom industry which are passionate about software, internet and telecommunications. If you are hands-on, have some knowledge of programming, scripting, Linux OS, IP stack, networks, devOps, integration, QA or project management then let’s have a chat to see how you can fit the team.
Once on board you will:
• Be part of an outstanding multi-cultural and international team of engineers,
• Get involved in Tier-1 media projects with impact and visibility
• Occasionally travel to our headquarters in Switzerland for workshops and training,
• Enjoy our labs, designed to foster a culture of sharing, openness and creativity,
• Choose your working environment: Apple MacOS or Microsoft Windows.
Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or similar degree (Master or Bachelor).
Benefits & Perks:
Competitive salary and benefits.